• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hold on to your aeros!

TankBuster

They still have to sell it for that price. A guy can ask whatever price he wants,
but if it will sell is another story.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Yes, the BIN is high, but the seller is probably just hoping for a decent offer.

And it's an interesting jacket ... probably unique in that almost new condition.

MikeyB-17

Stone me! That's exactly what I've been thinking about for a while now-only change I'd make would be to have a 527th BS, 379th BG patch (in black and white) on it. I'm not paying that for it, though.

handworn

Why that squadron?

MikeyB-17 said:
Stone me! That's exactly what I've been thinking about for a while now-only change I'd make would be to have a 527th BS, 379th BG patch (in black and white) on it. I'm not paying that for it, though.

Peter Graham

It doesn't do it for me, especially with the red rayon lining. Maybe if it was well beat up with the lining faded, but not like it is. The price is OTT, the patch is cool though.

asiamiles

So, another black A-2. Gotta say, looks good. I've worn my black A-2 a couple of times but am probably going to have to offload it, as it feels about a size too big, notably the sleeves being too long...or should I try the hot water and dryer treatment first to see if I can bring it down a bit? Hmmm, still, I'd be very, very happy with half that amount!

MikeyB-17

handworn said:
Why that squadron?

It's one of my favourite of the B-17 squadron insignia-I once had an Aero A-2 with it on, a really nice tooled leather patch by Jerome which I got from Aero. I miss the patch more than the jacket. Thought it would look good in black and white, and would go well with a black A-2.

handworn

I googled it; that's a pretty neat patch. Hey, does Jerome have a website? I tried emailing the yahoo address someone posted for him but haven't received any response. Thanks.

MikeyB-17 said:
handworn said:
Why that squadron?

It's one of my favourite of the B-17 squadron insignia-I once had an Aero A-2 with it on, a really nice tooled leather patch by Jerome which I got from Aero. I miss the patch more than the jacket. Thought it would look good in black and white, and would go well with a black A-2.

Vcruiser

527th BS
379 BG
North Africa/England

100_0386.jpg