• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hogans A-2

RayR

I hope this doesn
t multi-post. I just tried from an android phone and an iPad and nothing shows up.

I have completed my Col. Hogan jacket from Hogan's Heros. I had it made by Wested Leather using all the slightly off specs as I could determine from studying pictures. The material is not authentic, the collar is off, etc. but I believe it is correct to the show. I'm not wearing it here because the shoulder decal has only been on over an hour and I want it to set a while.

The cap is an authentic WWII chocolate semi-soft brim Feather Weight as worn in the show.

Hogan%20Repro_zpsyev1gzj1.jpg

Feature_HogansHeroes-big_zpsigyajono.jpg

I had an original darker decal, but the genius at Wested cut it out, cardboard and all, then sewed it on! Completely ruined it so I used another NOS but it's not as dark as I would like. The colors look a bit off having shot the photo indoors with an overhead kitchen light.

a2jacketpatches

Wait a minute, let me get this straight, he cut the decal to shape and stitched it to the jacket? We'd be doing a three legged race to the hospital to get my foot out of his ass!

SuinBruin

RayR said:
I had an original darker decal, but the genius at Wested cut it out, cardboard and all, then sewed it on!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

RayR

a2jacketpatches said:
Wait a minute, let me get this straight, he cut the decal to shape and stitched it to the jacket? We'd be doing a three legged race to the hospital to get my foot out of his ass!

Indeed, and it gets worse. Garcia Aviation had found the darker style in old stock and was kind enough to send 2 for the price of one...as a safety. I personally cut of the U S ARMY AIR FORCE words off so they couldn't make the mistake of including it, and I sent both...one for back-up. Instructions were very clear about the LEFT shoulder patch and there were several pictures to go by. but that didn't stop this fool.

The genius put one on each shoulder, ruining all I had!

RayR

a2jacketpatches said:
Not to mention stitch holes! What the?

That's right. When I told Wested about the problems they were very apologetic and took the jacket back and replaced the sleeves. And I put the decal on this time my self. Oh, and they also payed for return shipping which was very thoughtful. It is quite expensive since I am in the US

derleicaman

Every time I see this picture of Bob Crane I am amazed at how small a size this jacket must have been. The collar looks huge, too. I have heard that Hogan's jacket was the one Frank Sinatra wore in von Ryan's Express.

Who

Yes and I heard a story that Sinatra was originally given a WW2 original as owned by Western Costume and angrily said something like: "I'm not wearing some shitty second hand jacket, make me a custom job and use a light leather it is f'ing hot under studio lights."

johnwayne

You say the material isn't authentic - from the pic it does look a little 'nylon-ish' I must say but maybe that's just the lighting, reflected or otherwise!
It does remind me too of my first 'A2' I had years ago and purchased from a company who made them for a UK 80's TV series We'll Meet Again, based on the 8th AF exploits here in the UK. It was a very thin dark seal leather that I thought at the time to be brilliant, that is until Eastman's came along!!
Cheers
Wayne

coalman

Does anybody remember the A2 flying jackets that the B17 preservation group used to advertise on the back of their member magazines back in the 1990's.. think it was just after the film Memphis Bell was released.
I brought one and still have it..thick leather as well

RayR

Looks much better with the new sleeves and correct color patch (I'm told the original was painted on). This is just a throw-together snap shot:

Hogans%20finished_zpsc70xl5mb.jpg

Hogan%20side%20view_zpstg1o12ux.jpg

CBI

LOADS of iconic film memorabilia for sale on that site - wow. Even an Indiana Jones original jacket for only $40,000-60,000!!!!!!