• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High armholes slim fit body jackets

cgreen

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all looking at a big weekend. I recently saw a vintage-y Aero Highwayman that looked to have high armholes and narrow-ish arms. When I looked on Aero's website the current model seems much boxier and generally larger by comparison.

Is it the forum's experience that older jackets - even from current-day manufacturers - were cut more slim? I quite like the higher armholes and a thinner sleeve. Photos of such jackets are appreciated. The piece in question (light brown) versus Aero's current model (black) for reference.

Enjoy the day.

CG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 10.03.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 10.03.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 10.05.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 10.05.06 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 65

D97x7

I don't think that bottom one is a Highwayman, check the waist band. But aero do offer different hwm cuts, the black one looks like the one I have, which I believe is the 50s cut.

Last edited:

Harris_HTM

It doesn't look like a Highwayman to me, neither a Premier nor a 59'er Highwayman, ofcourse it may have been custom. But looks more like a Sheene to me.

geedee

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all looking at a big weekend. I recently saw a vintage-y Aero Highwayman that looked to have high armholes and narrow-ish arms. When I looked on Aero's website the current model seems much boxier and generally larger by comparison.

Is it the forum's experience that older jackets - even from current-day manufacturers - were cut more slim? I quite like the higher armholes and a thinner sleeve. Photos of such jackets are appreciated. The piece in question (light brown) versus Aero's current model (black) for reference.

Enjoy the day.

CG
Hey just mentioning that Aero also offer a Premier 1930s Highwayman style, which appears to be cut slimmer through the body and sleeves with higher armholes, in a more vintage style -
https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/mens/premier-1930s-highwayman/mto060
the tan jacket in your pic is a beauty!

cgreen

Thank you Everyone, I appreciate the thoughts - I said that the tan one was a Highwayman because the seller describes it as such, but I have no real idea. The pockets are similar but you're right that the hem isn't the same. I'll check out the '30s Highwayman as well.

geedee

Thank you Everyone, I appreciate the thoughts - I said that the tan one was a Highwayman because the seller describes it as such, but I have no real idea. The pockets are similar but you're right that the hem isn't the same. I'll check out the '30s Highwayman as well.
Good luck! Aero are really helpful with queries etc, so drop them a line and ask them.

cgreen

I really like the Western yoke on that 1930s Premier Highwayman, very cool - and the fit is much more tailored than the standard Highwayman, thanks for the heads-up.