• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help sourcing 18th F.B.W 'Dogpatch' patch

chamboid

I'm trying to source a patch for my B-15c, originally it was just to cover up a paint stain and small frey on the bottom right under the pocket. But the idea and research took me.

The 18th F.B.W nicknamed the 'Dogpatchers' had a very interesting time, and I have decided this with the 67th F.B.S patch is the best combination.

The patch I am trying to seek is the one pictured and it's not easy. I've contemplated having it painted, or doing it myself, but a woven patch seems more authentic. Any help appreciated and thanks to Maverickson for all help so far!
IMG_0086.PNG

IMG_0085.JPG

unclegrumpy

Below is the guy who makes this style of patch. The quality of what he does can vary...from not too good to being nearly impossible to tell from an original. The patch you have pictured that has "Korea" on it might be one of his...hard to tell with these sometimes without seeing the backs or having it in hand....and knowing exactly what an original should look like.

http://www.nchsinc.com

unclegrumpy

I have never done an order, but know him from Shows. His patches are not mass produced, so most are essentially custom orders, though I think he makes 5 or 10 of something if he likes the design. Since you have a picture of what you want, it should be easy to find out.

One thing to also factor in, is some of these Korean War era patches were oversized...meaning more in the 6" range than the WW II AAF 5" or later USAF 4'"and then smaller. I don't know how big this patch originally was, but I'd err on the larger size if it came to a guess.