• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Requested Identifying CABLE RAINCOAT Reproduction Jacket

Batmobile66

Hello guys,

Looking for some help identifying the manufacturer of this CABLE RAINCOAT Drawing Number 30-1415 Order No 42-10008P.

From looking at Eastman, it looks like they are the only reproduction that offers a KWIK zipper, which this jacket has.

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSC07355.JPG
    DSC07355.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC07354.JPG
    DSC07354.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC07356.JPG
    DSC07356.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC07357.JPG
    DSC07357.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC07358.JPG
    DSC07358.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC07359.JPG
    DSC07359.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC07360.JPG
    DSC07360.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 257

Marv

looks like an Eastman, is there a manufacture label/tab stiched into the left pocket as ELC usually put one with their name and the type of hide used eg horsehide etc.

2BM2K

It could be a Goodwear jacket. Goodwear sometimes fit NOS Kwik zippers or a reproduction chain with an original Kwik puller. Also, I don't
know if Eastman fit a leather puller tab but Goodwear certainly does.

To me the label, leather and workmanship look to be Goodwear.

A couple of pointers to identify an Eastman jacket. Eastman labels are good but flaws can be seen when closely compared to
an original label ( their Rough Wear 1401 is 100% accurate). Below is an original Cable label.

10008.jpg

The Eastman collar can aligned with the lining instead of forward of lining, below are photo's of typical Eastman collar and an original.

ELCcab_neck2.jpg

Collar Details.jpg

Roughwear

It is a goatskin GW A2. It was made for Vic here and has an original Kwik zipper.. ELC never made this Cable contract.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

yup, my old [not so old] cable made by chappy. i milled the bottom repro zipper stopper to the shape of a kwik, and installed an original kwik puller. i applied the shoulder patch, but the blood chit was sewn in after i sold it. the jacket is a beautiful reproduction of the goat cable contract, made with exceptional goatskin that is no longer available....i think. i would have kept it, except that it was just a tad small for me.

Batmobile66

Thanks everyone for the help on the identification. I did not see a Cable listed on John's site as one of his current patterns, so was not sure. Thanks for the history Vic !!!