• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying boots please

ButteMT61

My son found these in Normandy area at a market. He has not been able to identify them, so I'm hoping someone has a clue here. He's wanting to sell them as they're a tad small on him, but doesn't know what they might be worth. Someone offered him $150, but I said I'd try here with all you smart guys. Thanks for any info you might provide.

5.jpg

4.jpg

32.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

dmar836

Not sure but I have decided I would never buy any militaria from a "flea market" in Normandy. Over on the US militaria forum there shows up frequently all manner of fakes.
Sorry I can't ID the boot. They look Norwegian, or Swiss-like though.
Dave

ButteMT61

My mistake - he just told me it was in Paris at one of the flea markets. Not that it matters...
They weren't advertised as anything - just there on a table for sale. He wasn't duped - he bought them thinking he or one of his friends would use them for reenacting. I told him to see what they're worth first.
So not to worry - we knew better than to buy "war souvenirs" :lol:
It reminds me of Swedish gun-holster leather from WWI. It had a star pattern stamped into it, so you may be close.

Thanks though!

ButteMT61

CHECK6 said:
European size "42" maybe simply french civil boots ????
Fab

They do look French. As to the offer, I thought I'd put this up here to ask you guys first. You never know with this stuff, and I figured it's better to ask than to find out someone would pay him $300!

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated.

Scott