• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind MFG Co - Price updates and changes

Skyhawk

Hello all, things have been moving along at Headwind Mfg. We have added some new jacket models through our affiliate manufacturers, and there are some other new models in the works as well. It has been an exciting start at Headwind over this past year and I would like to thank everyone who has supported us and ordered jackets from us. We are committed to producing high quality reproductions at an affordable price and I believe we have achieved and even surpassed this goal.

Our prices will be going up a bit in February. This is necessary to continue the production of the jackets at the current quality. Upgrades have been made since the jackets have been designed, and the logistics and procurement of top quality materials have exceeded our product costing models. In short it has wound up costing quite a bit more to produce these jackets than originally anticipated. The increase will be $100. The forum discount will still be offered and is $50 off the retail price. This will still put our reproductions at about 1/2 the price of most of the other companies offerings. This price increase will go into effect 02/01/2016. Until that date, the original prices will be honored. The VLJ forum price until 2/01/2016 is $475 Standard sizes, $525 Custom sizes.

Our next release will be an A-1 civilian model in 3oz Black Capeskin. It will feature Black 100% Wool knits, buttons, and snaps. A crimson (red) 100% cotton sateen liner and a new civilian label. The collar will be modified to a snap collar and it will be shorter than the 37J1 collar, similar to an MA-1 style collar. This new model is similar to the civilian versions of the A-1 that were being produced during the 1930's & 40's as moto and sport jackets. The style is loosely similar to a cafe' racer jacket which has led to the name "A-1 Racer" Here's a little mock up of the label which should be complete this week.

Also in the works is an Amelia Earhart Repro of her A-1 / A-2 combo jacket for the ladies in 3oz Russet Capeskin, which is planned to be released over the next few months.

All The Best,
Jay

Skyhawk

Thanks! I'm hoping to have photos of the A-1 Racer by the beginning of next month, but possibly by the end of January. All that is waiting on that model is the labels to be complete. The Ladies jacket is planned to be released in February.

ButteMT61

That's great news. I've seen some queries on TFL about women's jackets, and I applaud that move. Looking forward to those pics...

s4rmark

I'll second that, very pleased with my A-1 and a totally smooth transaction from jay.

CBI

Glad its going well and best of luck. I might go for one of those Earhart jackets.

CBI

Here's that Good Wear "Electra" Earhart prototype:

I would love one of these but its a design John is not offering.