• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hans solo's A-2 jacket who is the maker

a2jacketpatches

TOMG1401 said:
I actually agree Sean, guy's who are pilots are more interested in actually flying and aircraft, than a jacket

Only a handful of my examples are pilots, my assessment is based on jacket buyers outside of VLJ, the majority.

a2jacketpatches

I'll just answer your question with another. Out of every flight jacket possibility out there in the world, you don't really think a few fit opinions on VLJ lead the market do you? Leather, cloth, nylon, high end repros, low end repros of each type, current issue, mall flight "styled" jackets. Take a look on Facebook, lots of guys wearing non perfectly fitting jackets just like Ford and proud of it. Hundreds of new clients a year passing through my shop without a clue of VLJ and very happy about their place in the hobby. Just common sense I guess if you think a little outside of the VLJ box. No worries, no insult intended, I'm a part of VLJ and happy to be so not looking for another pissing contest. Just that as a vendor of patches and jacket decoration, I thank my lucky stars the hobby is much bigger than a forum. This started as a Vintage Leather Jackets Forum, correct? It has now transformed somewhat half way into a high end repro forum, VLJ seemed to grow a little and then level out. A pretty narrow scope and just a fraction of what's going on in the world.

So I'd say what qualifies my statement excluding my own experiences, are numerous other artists selling and enthusiasts buying. All are very active through their own personal and commercially available outlets.