• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanger Chain Rivets for Irvins

Isisllc

Well, I made the mistake of attempting to use the hanger chain on my ELC Irvin and pulled one of the rivets through. I've removed the rivet from the chain, and destroyed it in the process. Does anyone have a source for the brass colored rivets, as well as the proper gauge rivet gun for performing a repair? The only time previously that I've used a rivet gun, it's been to rivet a downspout to a rain gutter. Thanks!

dmar836

The blind rivets used for the guttering are not correct - they leave a swollen tube on the aft side. You will likely have to unstitch the HH strip along that back of the collar and see what you're working with..................... or just leave it hang.

JMO,
Dave

rich

Isisllc said:
Well, I made the mistake of attempting to use the hanger chain on my ELC Irvin and pulled one of the rivets through. I've removed the rivet from the chain, and destroyed it in the process. Does anyone have a source for the brass colored rivets, as well as the proper gauge rivet gun for performing a repair? The only time previously that I've used a rivet gun, it's been to rivet a downspout to a rain gutter. Thanks!

If you let Eastman's know, I'm sure they'd probably send you some replacement rivets. Is it a new jacket - although prolonged use of the hanging chain probably isn't ideal, I think it still should be up to the job it was designed to do and maybe you have
a claim using your warranty? Good luck resolving the problem.