• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H&L Block M-422A bought from aforum member

bazelot

Pictures of the M-422A I got from a forum member. The leather is beautiful. I did not have to put Pecard on this one. I changed the zipper pull to an original, fixed the cuffs as best as I could. It will be a good wearer as I won't be afraid to damage the leather. Wore it today as it was quite chilly in San Francisco. This thing is huge
Shoulder to Shoulder 20.5"
Armpit to armpit 22"
Sleeve to end of cuff 25"

LittleLussinou188.jpg

LittleLussinou218.jpg

LittleLussinou220.jpg

LittleLussinou221.jpg

LittleLussinou222.jpg

LittleLussinou225.jpg

LittleLussinou226.jpg

LittleLussinou223.jpg

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Very nice Tom. Any info on the original owner ? I know you like to do your research.

Still working on it. It is incredibly difficult to research Navy pilots.
Researching the history of the jacket is the most interesting thing ever.
Yesterday I received an email from a guy that flew P-47s with the original owner of my latest A-2 and he sent me a bunch of pictures of himself and the original owner when they were together during the war. He found a note that I left on one of the group's web sites and scanned all the pics and sent them via email. that is really exciting to be able to find the history of a particular item.

bazelot

Today I also fixed the zipper on the female side as it was torn all the way to first teeth and was going to fall off anytime. I am rather happy with the fix as it seems to be sturdy now and is fully usable. The mouton collar was also fixed and looks perfect now.