• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Perry Sportswear A-2 in Indian Goat (Pic Heavy)

Technonut2112

As some of you may have seen in the Auction Talk forum, I was able to snag a pretty good deal on a 2nd chance e-Bay auction, when the 1st buyer backed-out for whatever reason. :)

This GW Perry Sportswear AC-23377 is based on a pattern that JC made from an original of the same goatskin contract. Needless to say, JC did one helluva job... Bang-On to my eyes compared to pics I've seen of the contract. ;) The jacket was made around a year ago, and is nicely broken-in.

The Perry arrived to me in excellent condition. The zipper used is an original wartime Conmar, and also sports vintage NOS United Carr snaps. :cool: The hide is the fantastic Indian goatskin sourced by JC. I can't rave enough about it. It is some of the best I've ever seen, besides Steve S's French goat (I have one of his AN-J-3's :) )

This isn't really a review, just a thread to show this masterpiece. I'll go ahead and get to some pics now. I didn't have a chance to get many fit pics (the jacket fits well), so until I can get a few together, let's first look at a couple pics of an original to show the hide:

Image_03_zpsn2givdce.jpg

Image_05_zpsf8nkgd6q.jpg

Now, here are pics of my GW Perry:

IMG_2827_zpswpuytg6h.jpg

IMG_2826_zpscui9vrff.jpg

IMG_2828_zpsfsmtl9un.jpg

IMG_2824_zps8pip9tuh.jpg

IMG_2820_zpsmdsnitdd.jpg

IMG_2819_zpsnh6cvfgm.jpg

IMG_2822_zpsociyjd0y.jpg

IMG_2829_zpsfh4euasz.jpg

IMG_2832_zpscfpwokdz.jpg

In comparison, the GW Indian goat is about a dead-ringer for the original. :) Here is a link to the GW Perry when it was new:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/perry_23377/

I want to thank JC for a job well done, and contacting me regarding the jacket's history. I'll try and get some fit pics up when I have the chance.

Thanks for stopping by this thread to have a look. :)

Last edited: