• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow color

A

Anonymous

Cool!

Now, if you, me, and Paul are ever at the same event, we'll have to make sure not to wear the same jacket! :)

Chris217

Allen, it's just like having a NOS A-2 isn't it? Hell, I'm still in awe over my GW Doniger. Hands down, GW is the best out there.

Enjoy it Bro!

airfrogusmc

Chris217 said:
Allen, it's just like having a NOS A-2 isn't it? Hell, I'm still in awe over my GW Doniger. Hands down, GW is the best out there.

Enjoy it Bro!

THANKS the workmanship is awesome and the grain in KILLER...

T-Bolt

Allen,

You dirty dog, you. Man, that is very similar to the jacket that John will be starting on for me in the near future. I have to give him a call next week and firm up the final details. Can't wait to see some photos of you in your new Dubow! :cool: ;)

Ted

Here's a comparison shot of another high end Dubow's pockets next to the Goodwear and the original.
LSTWRDSDUBOW2.jpg

06_pockets.jpg

fedoralover

Greyhound, since you've had both I've got a question for you. How do you think the vemot horse would compare to cape sheep for an A-1?

I'm absolutely loving the A-1, best jacket I've ever owned and it will be my default jacket, it helps that my wife really likes it too. EXCEPT, I live in Portland. Rain. I don't think the cape sheepskin is the best choice for an all weather jacket perhaps. Also I need a default jacket that can be beaten on pretty badly. It looks to me like the vermont horse would give a fairly similar look in terms of drape to the cape sheep, but provide more durability and weather resistance. I am right? Am I assuming the cape is actually more fragile than it is?

greyhound52

rick.canavar said:
Greyhound, since you've had both I've got a question for you. How do you think the vemot horse would compare to cape sheep for an A-1?

I'm absolutely loving the A-1, best jacket I've ever owned and it will be my default jacket, it helps that my wife really likes it too. EXCEPT, I live in Portland. Rain. I don't think the cape sheepskin is the best choice for an all weather jacket perhaps. Also I need a default jacket that can be beaten on pretty badly. It looks to me like the vermont horse would give a fairly similar look in terms of drape to the cape sheep, but provide more durability and weather resistance. I am right? Am I assuming the cape is actually more fragile than it is?

You are right the horsehide that John uses the vermont espresso (has a coffee ring to it) is great. It is very light like the cape skin (about 2-2.25 oz) and drapes very well. I can't get over how it looks like an original. I like the lighter weight horse during the spring and early fall when you don't need a heavier jacket. Overall I would give it high marks.
Glad you like the A-1 I just wish John could make mine faster but 3 months is a long wait. :cry:

I don't know how fragile the cape is. I would probably not wear it in the rain like I do my HH or GS A2s but maybe that is just me.