• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow color

A

Anonymous

I guess all that's left is for John to invent sprayed on verdigris. :)

A

Anonymous

Compare this to any other repro of a Dubow and you can see why I call John C. the "Hubble" of jacket makers- the level of detail is astounding- and isn't "the devil in the details"? The more you get right the more indistinguishable from an original- it's devilishly close! And I'm devilishly addicted- now I want 'em all! Congrats Allen- bet you can't wait- tomorrow must seem a long way off- eh? He He!

greyhound52

Allen,
I think it is the same leather as I have on mine. It is thin but awesome. I believe this is the 2 oz type at least that is what John said. That is one awesome jacket you are one lucky guy.

airfrogusmc

Jeff I'm stunned. Its amazing and I can't wait. Kinda like Christmas in April.

Greyhound I do think its the smae hide. Its the stuff I saw when John was in Chicago and the weight is right, the color is right, the details are right, I CAN'T WAIT.

greyhound52

airfrogusmc said:
Jeff I'm stunned. Its amazing and I can't wait. Kinda like Christmas in April.

Greyhound I do think its the smae hide. Its the stuff I saw when John was in Chicago and the weight is right, the color is right, the details are right, I CAN'T WAIT.

You will love it. ;)

John's jackets are "True" reproductions. I love this hide, it has been extremely hard to decide which one to get. Congrats Airfrog, how about some pics of you wearing it so we can see how it drapes?

01_collars.jpg

06_pockets.jpg

08_cuffs.jpg

fedoralover

Andrew

That's probably decided it for me as well. Vermont Dubow with a Crown, S46.

Thanks for posting those, I was trying to decide between the Russett and the Vermont from the earlier shots but the colour looked a bit lighter in those. This just looks great especially compared to the original. The thread's lighter but I suppose it will darken up over time.

Very interested in seeing it worn.

BONNIEGIRL4

Jesus Christ....... This hobby has reached lt's absolute zenith. When you can put a reproduction on top of an original and it is virtually identical that is the end of the line, Allen, I'm speechless, love it - TOM

better duck

Very, very impressive.
Can't wait to get my own size 46 GW Dubow in goat...
Just another two or three months, I guess - oh well, time flies

airfrogusmc

better duck said:
Very, very impressive.
Can't wait to get my own size 46 GW Dubow in goat...
Just another two or three months, I guess - oh well, time flies

Its worth the wait...
The goat is beautiful to...
Pedros jacket is incredible as is Pauls...