• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess who's a tourist and who's a New Yorker

Grant

Jacket's a Block M-422a

NYC.jpg

A

Anonymous

Smokin' grant. Nice to see the genuine New Yorker salute in action :D

Dave

bazelot

Ahhhhh New York...... Remember living there 15 years ago (I am getting old). Used to go running in Central Park at midnight every day and ending up on the edge of Central Park North (New York is definitely not for the faint-hearted). I have only fond memories of that city (except maybe the part where a taxi totaled my bike :(
Nice jacket Grant. Wish I wore my M-422As more often.

watchmanjimg

I was born and raised in New York State, but never set foot in the city until I had a stopover at LaGuardia on the way to basic training at age 19. Many years later I attended an Army buddy's wedding at the Empire State Building and spent the night in the Times Square area. I never met a friendlier bunch of people anywhere, especially on the subway. During one ride I had a nice conversation about current events with a couple of paint-splattered middle-aged workmen. Another episode took place at an underground stop when I observed a rough-looking young guy undulating to the music on his headphones. A jagged scar on his cheek was clearly visible as he entered the train and sat down. The seats quickly filled and an elderly lady of apparent Eastern European origin struggled aboard. The thug jumped right up and said "Excuse me, ma'am. Would you like my seat?"

I guess you just never know.

Andrew

Grant, those tourists must be from Philistine, it's obviously cool enough for a Navy jacket and look at them- still in shirt sleeves!

(after Wiki- In non-historical usage, the word philistine denotes a person deficient in the culture of the liberal arts,...)

Seriously, what was the situation?

Grant

Dan, you really know midtown!
The other dudes (including the photographer) in the photo are actually some of my crew I'm working with. They'd just called me "Maverick" as I was hailing a cab... hence the bird.

Go Navy