• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

guess what i found in my trousers??

STEVE S.

no i'm not talking about that... was stripping the zippers out of a pair of old shearling flight trousers & found this in one of the pockets that was zipped closed, but missing the puller. wonder how long its been there & where it has been?

a2jacketpatches

Just before that went in the pocket so many years ago.........It could buy a soda fountain drink, a hamburger, a hot dog, and an ice cream cone.........Or two packs of smokes with 3 cents left over.

foster

The silver value is also not too far from $4 in today's money, too. Currently about $3 silver value. Interesting to see how that compensates for some of the inflation!

Silver Surfer

got me beat, ive only come up with a coupla 1930s-1940s pennies. be nice if one of em was a copper 1943 penny. but, no, not so, just old pennies

Maverickson

Hi Steve,

Great find!

You also got me beat. While doing my latest restoration I found a 1937 penny in the zipper extension on my civilian Monarch.

Cheers, Dave