• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gregory Peck in B-15 from LIFE Gallery

deand

I don't remember Gregory Peck in anything but an A-2 in Twelve O'Clock High, but the LIFE gallery states that these were taken on the same day, February 2nd, 1950 as the series of Gregory in his A-2.
ed466622d9813f50_large.jpg

b2c6d35aa7bd7d6e_large.jpg

ac4e88cca927850f_large.jpg

a3ef376252a14ef4_landing.jpg

a3f12065351b3eb8_large.jpg

0d7f34d33cc7dd8d_large.jpg

74b6afcc65615f5f_large.jpg

d14f5fa4e4207f18_large.jpg

dean

dujardin

splendid Deannnn

really enjoy those photos of old movies , they have great caracter though, sometimes not really accurate.
i found those photos of Greg' really good, as good as correct reenactment.
byeeeeeeee marcel

Burnsie

Fantastic pics - definitely seem to be taken the same day. I don't recall ever seeing him in a B-15 in the movie either - must pull out the DVD again!

better duck

Nice find Dean!
My favorite actor of yesteryear, in, what is at present, my most popular jacket (i.e: I wear it everyday, and carry around a lot of gear in it!) love the jacket, cut, practicality.

dav3469

"General Savage" was not seen in the movie in the B-15. I would say it was part of the promo shots/wardrobe extras they had around. I believe in most movie productions (esp. those bent on authenticity) they get a variety of possible "looks" and then go with what is best for how they envision their character.

In the series of mass briefing scenes in the movie, I think we see some B-10 or B-15's in the mix. Have to look close next time I pull it out and watch it. If they are there, they were very few.

Great pics.

deand

A question I have: Costume or Spec Issue? Maybe easy to tell for the B-15, but I didn't post the A-2 series. Probably just not enough clues to tell.

dean

Burnsie

A lot of the A-2's in the movie were certainly costume - pieced backs are visible - but the one on Peck's LIFE cover looks real...anyone know? And I too recall B-10's in at least one briefing scene.

dav3469

I think the main characters, as well as those shots of folks in "close" view of the camera would have mainly been the real deal. Certainly for central characters...

Peter Graham

Cool photos but why is he having water sprayed on him ? That's an issued B-15 alright but would be incorrect for the movie. I'm pretty sure it was set in 1942 and B-15's weren't issued till 1944.

deand

Peter Graham said:
Cool photos but why is he having water sprayed on him ? That's an issued B-15 alright but would be incorrect for the movie. I'm pretty sure it was set in 1942 and B-15's weren't issued till 1944.

Rain? Good point, Peter. Maybe the costume designer was all geeked up thinking he was being 'authentic" and when the camera began rolling the technical advisor starts shouting"Okay, now THAT'S wrong!" Who knows, so back to the leathers! ;)

dean