• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Quality Patches from DUBOWA2

442RCT

I received my patches from DUBOWA2 today, and they are great !!! I especially like the ICWATC patch with the stitch detailing in the stork's wings and the box in it's beak. I can't wait to have it sewn onto one of my A-2s. Heck, the other two patches are just as vibrant and well made. The ATC patch will be the next to go on a jacket, I'm glad I have as many jackets as I do so I can patch them. Wooo Hoooo !!!!!!
THANKS DUBOWA2 !!!!

Chris217

I received some patches today from from Jeff, and WOW WOW WOW!!! They are absolutlely amazing!! Jeff sent me another version of the 75th Fighter Squadron that is jawdropping! IT LOOKS AND FEELS JUST LIKE AN ORIGINAL!! The detailing is incredible. This one will definately be on my ELC Star. And his CBI Shoulder insignia's....STUNNING!

I will say it again, Jeff is becoming the J.C. of composite insignia!!

I'll post some pics soon!!

(Jeff, I'm sending you something tommorow I think you'll like.)

Chris217

Here we go!
Picture052.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048-1.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture054.jpg

A

Anonymous

Hi 442RCT & Chris thanks for your comments and glad you both like the patches,Chris its hard to choose between the black or the brown one re the 75th patch they both look good on that starELC.I have been tinkering with the winged star roundel and have made up 4 with borders ,as you know with the winged leather layer patches there are many diiferent designs .Let me know which one you like and I will send it of to you ,I put in the CBI patch as a guage for you to compare the size (the star roundels are 3 inches including border ),this patch is #2 you got #1 Chris .
A-b
c-d

005-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

I used a very light coating of gloss finish on the patches ,this should wear off quickly as the shoulder is a vunerable area with regards to wear ,I usually do not use much gloss but on these I think it looks good.Any feedback appreciated from any one .

All the best Jeff

442RCT

I like the wing star on the lower left, the 'pointed, tapered' wings are aesthetically more to my liking. :mrgreen:
As for the shark patch, both look gr8, I like the black one more.
As always, outstanding work. :lol:

Mac

DubowA2,

That brown 75th is fantastic. It looks both theater-made yet highly finished -- if that's not a contradiction.

Chris, very nice Star. Looks like you nailed the fit.

Cheers, Mac

A

Anonymous

Mac said:
DubowA2,

That brown 75th is fantastic. It looks both theater-made yet highly finished -- if that's not a contradiction.

Chris, very nice Star. Looks like you nailed the fit.

Cheers, Mac

Hi Mac thanks for your input ,would you like one? just need your address.

All the best Jeff

TankBuster

I agree with the others, every time I see a new post from you,
you're patches seem to be getting better. You are really getting
it down. I'll see if I have any other loose original CBI patches laying
around to send you. I'll have to dig around the war room a little.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jeff thanks, I going to make up some more 75th patches I make sure you get one .Its a patch that lends itself to the layer leather type and would not look as good painted ,one of the few .Also I have learned a lot from making them and this one I have got down pat .That thread you sent me I have been using it on the last lot of patches and it really lays nicely and sew well ,Jeff take a look at the 75th brown patch I did for Chris its got the thread you sent me ,it works in the sewing machine without any problems and its 60 years old yopu cant beat that .

All the best Jeff .

Chris217

DUBOWA2 said:
Hi Jeff thanks, I going to make up some more 75th patches I make sure you get one .Its a patch that lends itself to the layer leather type and would not look as good painted ,one of the few .Also I have learned a lot from making them and this one I have got down pat .

All the best Jeff .

I'm still in awe over mine..The OD thread really makes it jump out. 10 out of 10 on the cool factor. :D

A

Anonymous

Chris217 said:
DUBOWA2 said:
Hi Jeff thanks, I going to make up some more 75th patches I make sure you get one .Its a patch that lends itself to the layer leather type and would not look as good painted ,one of the few .Also I have learned a lot from making them and this one I have got down pat .

All the best Jeff .

I'm still in awe over mine..The OD thread really makes it jump out. 10 out of 10 on the cool factor. :D

So Chris which patch do you want I am talkin winged star roundel A-B-C-D let me know and I will mail it on to you .

All the best Jeff .

TankBuster

Glad the WWII OD thread works in the machine. I wasn't sure if it would.
I'm glad it's getting use. If you ever need more, let me know. I have a
ton of it that I picked up a while back. I thought it may come in handy for
B-10 or B-15 knit repairs.