• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Layered Leather Patches - The Guy To Buy From!

CBI

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-23rd-Fighter-Gr ... 3cabcafbc6

The layered leather 23rd FG breast patch I ordered from Sean Collins arrived today. He is "a2jacketpatches" on eBay. It's very similar to the one still listed above (one of his). He sells most patches out pretty fast. Just want to say the patch is the best layered leather work I have seen and totally worth it! Highest recommendation. His photos of these are perfectly fine but in person - WOW! If you are wanting layered leather CBI theater insignia, he's the man. :) Actually, looks like he has a number of patches on the bay right now.

He is doing a CACW (Chinese American Composite Wing) patch for me and we talked for quite a while on the phone about it (probably one of the most complex patches to put together with layered leather). He does lots of custom work. You can contact him via eBay. I have his email but I need to ask if its OK to forward it first!

A

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I'm Sean, a2jacketpatches is my ebay call sign. It was good to hear the positive reaction to my new line of patches. I'm taking the extra time looking for, and spending a little extra for the perfect materials. Please feel free to contact me through this thread for now, I'm brand new here and just learning how to navigate. Any suggestions or thoughts as to how I can be of help to this forum would be welcome. I've got a little sale going on Ebay to generate a little cash for an upcoming trip. Thinking of opening a small shop in California, doing custom biker patches as well.

442RCT

Hi Sean, I'm a past customer who bought one of your USA 48 star flag patches for my A-2, I'm also the guy who recently asked you about your ATC novelty nude patch and CACW breast size patch. Thanks for your quick reply.

A

Anonymous

I've got a few of the CACW's going but trying to work out some kinks. Also have ATC's and Ferry's coming out soon with two different nudes.

Chris217

Welcome aboard Sean!

I've got a few patches I'm interested in having you do.

I've sent you a PM with the details.

Chris

442RCT

I received my 23rd FG patch from Sean and it's a work of art, absolutely a top notch, quality, gorgeous patch. It's in that, "It's way too perfect", category. I was planning on sewing it on my Sefton. When I bought the Sefton it already had a blood chit sewn on the back, otherwise I would have left it unpatched and unpainted. I had several different CBI theatre unit patches, (something that would go with that chit), that I was considering before the arrival of the 23rd FG patch. Now I'm thinking either this 23rd FG patch or a yet to be made CAWC patch are now at the top of my list. I suppose I could slap the 23 FG on the left side and the CAWC on the right. :roll:

CBI

I aged my 23rd FG patch and it looks great but I know what you mean. Sean can make anything you would like and do a less perfect version if you ask.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the compliments guys. The CACW will be out this week for sure, it has been a challenge. And yes, I can make any of my patches less perfect upon request I get requests from time to time for copies of an individual patch, can't make a perfect mirror image but I can come very close or make them to age in the same way
( craking, peeling paint ) Please feel free to contact me if you have ideas or special requests,
[email protected]
Sean Collins

CBI

Here's one of Sean's 23rd FG layered leather patches after a little extra ageing from me. Looks very convincing placed on my Goodwear Bronco. It may end up finding a permanent home there! Oh, not sure its still there but he has a amazing 13 inch Flying Tigers back patch "on sale" on the Bay. It would make a great framed piece of art!

IMG_4595.jpg

442RCT

I think I'm gonna leave mine alone and lit it age all by itself on the jacket.
The jacket isn't aged, none of the other patches are aged, so they'll be left to grow old together. :roll:

CBI

yes, I placed the first order (via Sean - not PP) and have seen my copy. looking forward to getting it, the CACAW is about the hardest layered leather patch to make