• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grate Lakes/Great Lakes M422 ebay

mulceber

Looks like Grate Lakes is the label under which Freewheelers is producing the jacket. The price is extreme, and I'd never spend that kind of money on a repro (knock on wood), but I suspect the seller's hoping to cash in on the brand. Freewheelers is a VERY well-respected Japanese brand.

mulceber

By the way it is Great Lakes. You know the Great Lakes... Superior , Michigan etc.

Certainly not disagreeing with you, but I think @R7000 was just quoting the label:
Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 12.41.02 PM.png

Spitfireace

I was looking on eBay for an A-11 watch last night and a chancer in Japan was trying to pass off a 45 Waltham as a 42 and included a pic of the back of the watch showing it was 45. Way overpriced.

Spitfireace

Looks like Grate Lakes is the label under which Freewheelers is producing the jacket. The price is extreme, and I'd never spend that kind of money on a repro (knock on wood), but I suspect the seller's hoping to cash in on the brand. Freewheelers is a VERY well-respected Japanese brand.
I don't respect it that much. Buzz Rickson is a label I respect.

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Beside, and like Jan already said about GREAT LAKES GMT.MFG.CO. being a a sub of Freewheelers, It was one of the original N-3, L-2B and B-15B makers in the late 40's early 50's. So the name is being reprinted, probably because they also did a lot of outdoor garments in the 40's and the Japanese market seems very fond of that look and in part behind the revival of this style.

Like Rainier, the Nylon they used for the military was darker so a bit different from the other Reed, Sigmund etc... and is SUPER rare and hard to find.

Dany