• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Order Advice

chamboid

After nearing a 2 year wait, and a slight delay on my behalf my ticket number is coming up for the two jackets I have on order.

One is definitely going to be a Monarch A-2 love the pattern and in the LGI101 hide.

The second which was going to be a Monarch M-422 I have decided against. Though sticking with a goatskin I have decided to change to a half belt.

The Ventura goatskin, like the size 40 on the sales page atm is what I'm aiming for. But, the question is, I really fancy a split back for style and extra movement.

Does anyone have any experience with this style of back, I know some people don't like it, and say is puffs out to look a bit like a certain part of the female anatomy, but I'm still down towards it. (Freudian?)

Does anyone have a goat skin Ventura with this style of back with some wear on it for comparison?

Thanks for the help.

derleicaman

I can heartily recommend the GW Monarch A-2. It is my favorite, along with the model Dubow 1755, for how comfortable they are.

Why did you decide against the Monarch M-422? I bought the one Tibor had for sale here (same one featured on John's jacket contract page) and it is the current favorite of the herd, getting the most wear time lately. I've never had a half belt jacket before, so they are a little different in the way they fit. Trim, but not overly so. There is a nice taper from the back up to the shoulders and it just looks really sharp. Makes you look very athletic. The mouton is incredible as is the lining. The bi-swing back gives huge freedom of movement compared to the A-2. The goat is feels indestructible and looks to last several life times. John's execution and attention to detail are so impressive. Couldn't be happier! :D

Silver Surfer

i have two hb venturas made by john. the first is made of light colored hh, and has both the by swing and center vent back. it looks real nice, but the bi swing back alone is enough for easy arm movement. the second, which i recently received, is made of russet goat, made two inches long in the body, no flare [the body goes straight down] and has only the bi swing back. the combination of goat and the bi swing back makes the jacket an easy wearer right out of the box. whats more,, the goat drapes well, and in the longer length, has more of a "sport jacket" look then a biker look. i have found that the hb design is practical, and classy. also, i was fortunate in landing the black hercules hb featured on the bk fb site, [made by bill kelso], and this is another knock out.

chamboid

The black Hercules does look nice, what hide was it made of out?

It's the centre split that I am interested in rather than the bi swing detail, I'd really like to see some photos yor you Ventura with that style back Victor. Just to see how it ages.

I decided against the Monarch M-422 because I have quite a few originals from the 40's-50's and though I'll never own an original Monarch M-422 i do have a 7823 made by them I reach for everytime.