• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Dubow w/ Tooled Patches by our own Roberto

TankBuster

Thought I would post some pics of my project I've been working on. For some time I have wanted to have a copy of a original 95th Fighter Squadron patch that I have in my collection. After weighing the options, I decided to go with Roberto from the forum. All I can say is that his patches are extroardinary. If your looking for a tooled leather patch or anything related to the 15th AAF, Roberto is the man. Then came the decision what jacket to put these beautiful patches on. I settled on my pre production Goodwear Dubow. It's a jacket that I really like. Since I'm sure I'll be asked, the hide is steer, and as last I heard is no longer available. The leather is around 2.5 oz. and the color is dead on to my originals. The knits are the perfect berry color as well. Enough talking, here's the pics!

BTW: I haven't had the patches stitched on the jacket yet. Can't wait to wear it!
Thanks Roberto and J.C.!!!

Patches

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Original 95th FS Patch

95thfighterPatch.jpg

Original In Wear

028-3.jpg

Shots of the Goodwear Dubow. Flash brought out the leather color better, but made the lining look much more orange than it is in person.

001.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

greyhound52

Jeff,
Stunning. Just like my GW Dubow. I really like those patches. The treatment on them makes them look like the original. Great photos thanks for sharing.

Andrew

Sensational project Jeff, both the jacket and patches look original, it's a bit scary the way they are both convincingly "aged". Congratulations.

dujardin

splendid splendid splendid.
great jacket.

Roberto ... picco bello - magnifico

byeeeeee marcel

fishmeok

Looks great Jeff, I really like those patches- I can probably do a decent job of sewing them on if you are stuck for talent, or you can use my industrial and sew the things on yourself. Bring down the original and we will match the stitch length, thread color, etc. No point in doing it if we are not going to be COMPLETELY anal about it. :D
I'm already getting a backlog of things that I've promised to try and fix for other people anyway. A G-1 for my brother, M422A for Clark, another M422A for me (I promise myslef lots of things), etc...
Cheers
Mark

TankBuster

Thanks Mark! I may take you up on it. Although I'm not sure if I can wait until this fall. I have a seamstress that does a good job. I specify the thread color, and she handsews them on. She actually did the Dubow label that is in this jacket. She did a good job on it. We'll see. I guess I have some time to kick it around since jacket weather is fading fast.

Marv

Excellent looking jacket, with the patches the damn thing looks like an original....I wish my Star would look like that :)

TankBuster

Thanks Rudy and Marv. I couldn't be happier with the jacket and patches. Both guys are
great at what they do!