• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear A-2 with 4th Fighter Group Artwork with Pics

CBI

My "new" Goodwear inspired by Pierce "Mac" McKennon and his "Ridge Runner" P-47 and P-51. Photobucket - major time killer - more later

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0736-1.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

A FEW ADDED CLOSE-UPS

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I USED PAINT TO ADD SOME WEAR TO THE SEAMS. IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL ITS PAINT - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! NOT SURE YOU CAN TELL/SEE IT IN THE PHOTO. JUST EXPERIMENTED A LITTLE

IMG_0811.jpg

Andrew

Nice work, now you're going to keep this one no matter what your wife says aren't you. :cool:

CBI

Its my first attempt at painting a jacket myself. I have been experimenting on leather swatches for quite some time now with all types of paints, primers, sealers, etc. Bending, folding, trying to destroy the paint job seeing what is the most durable over an extended time. I painted a few test patches recently and then decided to take the time to paint this jacket. After all of the thought, planning, etc. the actual painting did not take very long and I really enjoyed doing it. The wife likes it and I plan on doing a few more. I simply wanted to make sure I got exactly want I wanted in re a paint job so I decided to do it myself. I do have a little graphics/art background. The main thing was to get the period look/aging as close to correct as I could. Still learning but it’s a fun “new” hobby. Too bad I can’t seem to find the time to do it. Pierce McKennon was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas (hence the Arkansas Razorback) and I currently live in the same city so it made sense to do this. Also, I love the boxing eagle and 8th AF insignias so it all “worked” in terms of all of the insignia I wanted on a jacket.

jacketimp

CBI said:
Its my first attempt at painting a jacket myself. I have been experimenting on leather swatches for quite some time now with all types of paints, primers, sealers, etc. Bending, folding, trying to destroy the paint job seeing what is the most durable over an extended time. I painted a few test patches recently and then decided to take the time to paint this jacket. After all of the thought, planning, etc. the actual painting did not take very long and I really enjoyed doing it. The wife likes it and I plan on doing a few more. I simply wanted to make sure I got exactly want I wanted in re a paint job so I decided to do it myself. I do have a little graphics/art background. The main thing was to get the period look/aging as close to correct as I could. Still learning but it’s a fun “new” hobby. Too bad I can’t seem to find the time to do it. Pierce McKennon was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas (hence the Arkansas Razorback) and I currently live in the same city so it made sense to do this. Also, I love the boxing eagle and 8th AF insignias so it all “worked” in terms of all of the insignia I wanted on a jacket.

great talent.......you gonna go pro? .....will help to feed the jkt goddess!

Falcon_52

Well done, CBI. That looks just beautiful. By the way, which Goodwear jacket is that? Roughwear 18091?

Noel

CBI

yes, 18091

My next jacket will be with 77th Bomb Squadron artwork. Probably completed in about 3 weeks.

NW Carver

I have an original A2 from the 77th, with an original patch on it! :D Can always post a few pics if yuo want to see...

Kind regards

Nigel

NW Carver

Here you go - sorry about the poor light, they were taken in the evening. The A2 is a Poughkeepsie, size 42, and fits really well. I would love to wear it more often but worry too much about wearing it out....

77thBombSq-A2Fullpic.jpg

77thBombSq-A2Jacket.jpg

77thBombSq-A2Jacketcloseup.jpg

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Nigel