• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good wear USL jacket

blackrat2

Well it has been a pretty manic few weeks in my household..but I have finally gotten some free time to write about my latest purchase from John.
I along with several were initially offered a couple of jackets,one being a RW in John vintage goat skin..sadly I was beaten to the post.
John pretty quickly offered me a United Sheeplined Clothing in dull russet.
So the jacket has arrived and as is always the case is superb..I never really appreciated russet A2's but maybe with age I have grown to like them,I probably wouldn't have entertained the idea last year but now I have to say that when I go to pick a jacket I find myself usually reaching for the USL over my Roughwear.
On looking at the two jackets it is really ni e to see the different details from one maker to another...both have od thread and Nos Talon...the collars and pocket details are on the other hand quite different.
Colour wise this jacket is a more organic finish than the Cooper I had from GW...with subtle variations in tone throughout the jacket.
It is marked a 44 bit fits the same as my 46 RW..probably down to the different cut of the pattern.
I recommend the USL if you are considering a purchase...and I again recommend the dull russet.
I have sent Roughwear some pics of the new jacket along with my older RW for comparison of the two makers...hopefully he will post these up soon so please be patient...I will try and get some pics of me wearing the jackets in due course...honest.
To clarify the jacket wasn't made for me...but I am a similar size to JC...the pics were taken on my I phone on a typical British summers day (overcast n cold)...so please be aware of this before you lay me to the sword

Roughwear

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

blackrat2

Thanks Andrew for doing those pics...your original is very nice and looks to be in superb condition
There doesn't seem to be many people posting on here these days..I guess it must be summer holidays or something

Roughwear

You may be correct here John. The forum is somewhat sleepy at present and as you say it's the holiday season.

stevetfire

two gorgeous GW's John I'm glad you went for the USL it looks a beaut ..as does your Roughwear ( I have a Perry in the same hide ) and Its always great to see Andrews Originals for which these jackets pay homage and JC does so incredibly well ..cheers :) :)

blackrat2

Thanks for that...the colour is a tad lighter than your Cooper with a slightly more organic finish
I am really liking this colour and overall finish which as I have said at the start of the thread has surprised me..it is nice to have two different colours to choose from...the USL is lighter in wright and softer also,so is becoming the pick when it is cool enough to wear one at the moment...you gotten any pics of your jackets yet