• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear M-422

asiamiles

pietro.242 said:
Small update (from Good Wear Leather site) > "after dye"!

Ah, now that I like! I really didn't care for the colour of the one posted a few pages back, though maybe the photos didn't exactly repoduce the colour of the jacket. Maybe the colour of the fur also needs to be a little darker?

greyhound52

pietro.242 said:
Small update (from Good Wear Leather site) > "after dye"

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/M422_01_46/After_Dye/

Monarch_Front.jpg

...It looks incredible!

I agree I really like this one. Much better than the early one.

Andrew

John you are a legend, i'm amazed that you can make these things with your own hands. Beautiful detail shots too Allen.

I imagine there must be a ton of extra work in one of these compared to an A-2? Double stitching all round pockets, other margins etc?

Maybe I will have to get one too one day.

It's gonna be hard to pick these from being sold off as originals in time.

airfrogusmc

sealbeachbum said:
Beautiful jacket Alan! I'm envious! How's the fit? How about a picture of you wearing it

Hey Bill

OK here ya go. Now before anyone breaks bad on the collar being up on the left side (my left) I had the collar turned up and just before the shutter went off I turned it back down but didn't get the left side all the way back down and I'm to lazy to go out and do it again.

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
Now before nayone breaks bad on the collar being up on the left side (my left)...

Feh -- it's a flight jacket. The collar will be in a completely different place in a week, and another a week after that!

Looks like a nice buy.

Chandler

bfrench

Administrator
airfrogusmc said:
sealbeachbum said:
Beautiful jacket Alan! I'm envious! How's the fit? How about a picture of you wearing it

Hey Bill

OK here ya go. Now before nayone breaks bad on the collar being up on the left side (my left) I have the collar turned up and just before the shutter went off I turned it back down but didn't get the left side all the way back down and I'm to lazy to go out and do it again.

Hi, Allen,

Thanks for the pics - It looks original - nothing to pick at - now where's the fun in that. :D :D :D

Great buy and a super job by John.

Now I certainly know what I want under the tree next Christmas.

Bill French

airfrogusmc

bfrench said:
airfrogusmc said:
sealbeachbum said:

Hey Bill

OK here ya go. Now before nayone breaks bad on the collar being up on the left side (my left) I have the collar turned up and just before the shutter went off I turned it back down but didn't get the left side all the way back down and I'm to lazy to go out and do it again.

Hi, Allen,

Thanks for the pics - It looks original - nothing to pick at - now where's the fun in that. :D :D :D

Great buy and a super job by John.

Now I certainly know what I want under the tree next Christmas.

Bill French

Thanks Bill its a real beauty...

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
He actually still has some old (new) 1940s vintage mouton like he used on my jacket.

Seriously? That's vintage? Nice. Where the heck did he find that?

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
He actually still has some old (new) 1940s vintage mouton like he used on my jacket.

Seriously? That's vintage? Nice. Where the heck did he find that?

Chandler

I donno but he had some NOS WWII knits he used on my jacket also. The mouton is so different than the modern stuff.

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
The mouton is so different than the modern stuff.

I don't know if I could honestly say, as I don't think I've ever seen a modern one in person, but I have a '50s G-1 and an ANJ from WW2 and both collars are very nice -- much more broken in than yours, of course, but I'm sure yours will be soon enough!

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
The mouton is so different than the modern stuff.

I don't know if I could honestly say, as I don't think I've ever seen a modern one in person, but I have a '50s G-1 and an ANJ from WW2 and both collars are very nice -- much more broken in than yours, of course, but I'm sure yours will be soon enough!

Chandler

Its in the tanning methods that are no longer used on modern mouton.