• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear M-422

rpmooreii

He is working on a proto based on my orig Monarch M-422; from what I have seen and heard so far it should be incredible.

...Roger

oose

Hi,

I was waiting for news of this, but decided that it would be quite a while before it went into production. I think it’s going to be a very popular model and the waiting list for this one will be quite long. I decided to get a M-422A that needs a complete rebuild instead.

I hope it happens why should all the USAAF boys have all the fun! ;)

Yours stu

zoomer

Get ready to get short-armed! The authentic sleeve cut ends about 2" shy of your wrists, just like the M-421 designed about that time - to remind those forgetful airedales always to wear their gauntlets. After all, Naval Aviation gear will not be worn off the flightline...

blaze424

Great news.

John - can you post photos of the prototype as it comes to life?

And are you taking down-payments?

thanks

rpmooreii

Actually not all of the M-422 jackets had short sleeves...my original (Monarch) has normal length sleeves although others I have seen (Swilik) had short ones.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rpmooreii said:
Actually not all of the M-422 jackets had short sleeves...my original (Monarch) has normal length sleeves although others I have seen (Swilik) had short ones.

Full Gear lists three M-422 contracts before the M-422A, but doesn't mention Switlik.

The first two by Willis @ Geiger, with the note shorter sleeves, followed by the Monarch.

rpmooreii

I have seen a Switlik with a clear (almost unworn) label and almost bought it so I know they exist (the seller went a different direction)

STEVE S.

i remember that one. wasn't it on ebay a couple times, but pulled at the last minute? it did have a nice label. other than the shorter sleeves & sizing cut were there any other changes between the 422 & 422a?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rpmooreii said:
I have seen a Switlik with a clear (almost unworn) label and almost bought it so I know they exist (the seller went a different direction)

I wasn't doubting, but that would be one rare jacket. I hope it surfaces again, it would be good to record the number.

airfrogusmc

rpmooreii said:
He is working on a proto based on my orig Monarch M-422; from what I have seen and heard so far it should be incredible.

...Roger

Hi Roger,

Do you have any photos of that Monarch 422?

Stony

Going up to John's tomorrow to check this new jacket out along with anything else he has to show. Who knows, I could be the proud owner of a new Goodwear.

donsom

airfrogusmc said:
Maybe after the first of the year anyway thats what John said.

I was just enquiring with him (via email) about an A-1 for spring. In his email, he mentions that he'll most likely be busy with a "multi jacket deal" for a Lucas movie until the end of January.

That's great news for him 'cause it gets his product into the movies .. :D