• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Doniger No 2

Roughwear

This is the second GW Doniger that I have bought from John. The first was an early production model but this one from 2011 is even better, made from veg tanned Indian goatskin. It is a size 44 and when compared with my two originals is spot on in every respect. I have included photos which John took at the time in the sun and some which were taken today under an over-cast sky. It is my favourite A2 contract and is very comfortable to wear. Enjoy!

Image_01.jpg

Image_02.jpg

Image_03.jpg

Image_06.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

038.jpg

025-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

Dr H

Andrew, I've been looking over the early GW Doniger posts. Aside from the collar shape and the goatskin, have there been any other changes in the pattern through the GW production?
Was your previous GW a 44? This seems a more relaxed fit and looks like an easy wearer.
The collar tips look less pointed than the early ones (even when comared with my old GW) - was this a conscious decision on JC's part?
Fine looking jacket...

mindful

jacket looks great fits you like a glove l love it ive, ordered a star sports hopefully it will look and fit as good as yours ;)

Roughwear

Dr H said:
Andrew, I've been looking over the early GW Doniger posts. Aside from the collar shape and the goatskin, have there been any other changes in the pattern through the GW production?
Was your previous GW a 44? This seems a more relaxed fit and looks like an easy wearer.
The collar tips look less pointed than the early ones (even when comared with my old GW) - was this a conscious decision on JC's part?
Fine looking jacket...

Ian, You are correct. The changes are subtle. The cut is much the same. The collar may be a little less pointed but there was variation in originals. The knits are the improved RMNZ ones and the goatskin is thinner and identical to the goat used on originals. My first Doni was a size 42 and this 44 is a more relaxed fit. Here are my two originals by way of comparison.

No-Name (Doniger) W535ac29971-size 42
019-40.jpg

David D. Doniger & Co 42-21539-P-size 42
020-36.jpg

Cobblers161

This has most definitely got the Wow! factor, such a sharp looking jacket.

I'm in line for a goat GW and currently deliberating as to whether it will be a Doni or Spiewak. When you have the time Andrew would you mind explaining to me the difference in fit between between the two as I believe you have originals of both. Also if you could post up the dimensions of this 44 GW that would be great as we are pretty close in shape and this jackets fits you just right. Cheers!

Roughwear

It is one my of my favourite A2s, such a sharp design.

Measurements: pit to pit: 23.5", sleeve: 25", shoulders: 19" down the back from base of collar (including the waistband): 25.5", along the windflap:23". I

I find my original generous size 42 Donigers to be more comfortable than the size 42 Spiewak I own. I have owned several original Spiewaks ranging from a 40 to a 46 and they were usually tighter across the chest than other jackets of the same tagged size. I do like John's latest Spiewak and in a 44 would do very nicely for me!

I would also recommend the GW Monarch-the best repro Monarch I have ever owned! I have just taken delivery of the latest one from the webiste. It's tagged a 46, but fits like a 44 as Monarchs were always smaller than most other A2s with the same tagged size.

saucerfiend

Roughwear said:
It is one my of my favourite A2s, such a sharp design.

Measurements: pit to pit: 23.5", sleeve: 25", shoulders: 19" down the back from base of collar (including the waistband): 25.5", along the windflap:23". I

I find my original generous size 42 Donigers to be more comfortable than the size 42 Spiewak I own. I have owned several original Spiewaks ranging from a 40 to a 46 and they were usually tighter across the chest than other jackets of the same tagged size. I do like John's latest Spiewak and in a 44 would do very nicely for me!

I would also recommend the GW Monarch-the best repro Monarch I have ever owned! I have just taken delivery of the latest one from the webiste. It's tagged a 46, but fits like a 44 as Monarchs were always smaller than most other A2s with the same tagged size.

Andrew,
Can't wait to see you in your new Monarch!

Brian