• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear B-15?

worgeron

Hello,
New to the forum, this is my first posting, I am a collector of WWII militaria, US, German and Japanese. Recently bought my first flight jacket, a B-15 with the intent of completing a full flight gear display. When I received the jacket it looked great until I researched the maker on the label, "Good Wear Leather Coat Company" don't believe this is war time produced...is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, if it's no good I need to return to the dealer ASAP.
Thanks,
W

A

Anonymous

worgeron said:
Hello,
New to the forum, this is my first posting, I am a collector of WWII militaria, US, German and Japanese. Recently bought my first flight jacket, a B-15 with the intent of completing a full flight gear display. When I received the jacket it looked great until I researched the maker on the label, "Good Wear Leather Coat Company" don't believe this is war time produced...is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, if it's no good I need to return to the dealer ASAP.
Thanks,
W
Might be wrong, but I do not recall John making a B-15.

Marv

from John's site.......

" Near the end of World War II, a company named Good Wear Leather Coat Co. produced B-10 and B-17 jacket contracts, and one contract of A-11A flying trousers for the Army Air Forces. We have a set of trousers made by Good Wear Leather and the label from it is seen below. "

Peter Graham

worgeron said:
Awesome, Thanks, as soon as i can i will post some pictures. Need to find a photo service.
Photobucket seems to work well here. Welcome to the forum. I'm very interested in seeing photos of the jacket.

TankBuster

Steve H said:
Yeah, i got a Good Wear c2 "vest".

Nice! I've always wanted one of those in nice shape. Unfortunately they usually sell for more than I want to spend. If I could ever find a nice one for a reasonable price, I would definitely buy it.