• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good places to shop for vintage jackets in New York city?

some bloke

Hi everybody, I enjoy reading all the info on this site and have learnt a lot. My girlfriend and I are heading to NYC for a few days in June, and I would like to pick up a jacket while I'm there. I'm after a G1, not too concerned about labels but I would prefer a pre-loved one for the patina. Are there any good places to shop for second hand jackets the locals would like to tell me about?
Thanks in advance.

Silver Surfer

i live in nyc, and for many years would haunt army-navy surplus stores, as well as used clothing shops. most of these shops are long gone due to insane rents, and online sales. however, there may still be a coupla around. there is one on church street 4 doors south of canal st. i have seen g-1s there, but its a crap shoot regarding sizes and contracts. mostly, they have been nam and later. another shop [if they are still there] is-was on far west 42nd st, 9th-10 ave? i have not been there in many years, but when i had, they had tons of stuff going back to wwll and up till contemporary. there are probably some mil shops in brooklyn, but i dont know where or what they might have. best to try google search for army-navy surplus, vintage clothing, etc in the nyc area. anyhoo, worst case scenario, ya get to see nyc while on your search. best of luck.

some bloke

...anyhoo, worst case scenario, ya get to see nyc while on your search. best of luck.

Yep, will get to see NYC while hunting down a jacket. Thanks for the reply, I'll add those spots to the list. I've googled, but I thought the local guys might have insider info.

Edit - we're staying near Chinatown for some of the time, will check out the Church St store then.

Last edited:

Grant

Hi everybody, I enjoy reading all the info on this site and have learnt a lot. My girlfriend and I are heading to NYC for a few days in June, and I would like to pick up a jacket while I'm there. I'm after a G1, not too concerned about labels but I would prefer a pre-loved one for the patina. Are there any good places to shop for second hand jackets the locals would like to tell me about?
Thanks in advance.

Andrew

I did see a lot of leather at Cheap Jacks back when it was on Broadway early 2000's, although it was probably just cheap crap.
It seems that its moved so I guess that's not a good thing as anything good would have been filtered.

http://www.cheapjacks.com/aboutus.php