• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good buy on Ebay?

blackrat2

Wow, why does that never happen to me!
Surely they pulled the add and didn’t let that go at that price
If someone on here got that what a buy

Dom

How about it .....who was the lucky guy that snagged that one??;)

Hi Burt,
I snapped it up. I came across it while searching for some engine parts for one of our airplane projects, before I signed out I threw in an A2 jacket search and it came up. I couldn't hit the buy it now fast enough. Then I came on here and saw this thread, I figured I would wait till it showed up to say anything. Other than the small moth holes in the knits it appears to be new with little wear. I needed something to wear in the biplane for fall and spring flying so I figured I would give the A2 a try!
Dom

B-Man2

Ya done real good son!
Seriously that was destine to be your jacket .
Right place at the right time.
Good for you!
Wear it in good health;)

Dom

tapatalk_1510083885584.jpeg

Thanks!! We will see how it breaks in and if it keeps me warm enough in the one on the left!

B-Man2

Oh Man!
That is very nice!
I'm not a pilot so forgive my ignorance if I'm mistaken, but it looks like you do some stunt flying!

Dom

Thanks Burt, yes both are made for Aerobatics....We built the one on the left (Acrosport 2) from scratch and re-covered and upgraded the one on the right (Pitts S1S) for my brother. My Dad is 74 years old and he just used the Acrosport to Compete in IAC (International Aerobatic Club) Nationals in September.

B-Man2

Interesting... I just went to the Jacksonville FL Air show . I saw a number of stunt pilots including Patty Wagstaff. National Aviation Hall of Fame. 3 time national acrobatic champion. I knew a fellow who was pretty well known in those circles from Key West, Freddie Cabanas. Unfortunately he had a tradgic accident Mexico.
Thanks for the photos of your aircraft very interesting.
You've got an interesting story;
By the way I'm sure I would never fly anything that I had built. :eek:

Dom

Interesting... I just went to the Jacksonville FL Air show . I saw a number of stunt pilots including Patty Wagstaff. National Aviation Hall of Fame. 3 time national acrobatic champion. I knew a fellow who was pretty well known in those circles from Key West, Freddie Cabanas. Unfortunately he had a tradgic accident Mexico.
Thanks for the photos of your aircraft very interesting.
You've got an interesting story;
By the way I'm sure I would never fly anything that I had built. :eek:

LOL...yeah its pretty surreal looking out over a set of wings that me and my brother built ribs for in high school!!