• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove repair

Smithy

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good repairer of leather gloves? I want to have my Dad's officer gloves restored as the lining has gone and the stitching has split in various places.

These are very special to me as they were his dress gloves when he was in the RNZAF in the immediate post war period and they really need a bit of TLC. They're typical officer gloves, English made in brown leather.

Any help much appreciated.

Skip

Tim, considering the attachment these have with you and you cannot find someone in your local area which you can see face to face and watch if necessary. I would suggest getting in contact with Maverickson (Dave) from here. His attention to detail is phenomenal, you've probably seen his father's jacket and the reproduction he made. He repaired my original Fried Osterman the leather failed around collar hook in the stitching area, the repair job of that is such that even on close scrutiny its difficult to see any visible repair, all hand done. I know he mainly does jackets etc, but he's got quite a lot of gear also that would enable him to do pretty much anything in the restoration department.

if your interested pm me and I'll send you his details, I don't see him on here often.

Smithy

Thanks Skip, that sounds like it could be the go. The leather is still in great nick but the lining and a lot of the stitching has had it, so they're fixable they just need someone who knows their onions to do it.