• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gathering of Mustangs and Legends DVD Release

T-Bolt

I thought I would give a heads up to everyone regarding an email I just received from the official Gathering of Mustangs and Legends (GML) website.

During the GML, last September, there were several camera crews filming the aircraft at the event as well as interviewing important individuals such as the WWII pilots (Legends) and warbird owners.

The film taken at the event is in the process of being edited for final production and then wil be available in DVD format. Obviously I have not seen any of this DVD which will be up for sale in June, but having attended the GML I am very excited about possiblities of this endeavor. The interviews with the WWII fighter pilots should really be cool including the members of the W.A.S.P's and the 332nd Fighter Group (the Tuskegee Airmen). I am hoping that they did some interviews with some of the Legends that were wearing their flight jackets. I saw several of the Legends that were sporting A-2's as well as B-10's and B-15's.

Anyway, I just thought I would mention the upcoming release of this video DVD. I plan to buy a copy for myself, so I will report back to you regarding my thoughts on it.

Here are four photos I took at the GML of some of the Legends attending. The first shot is Charles Dills, the second photo is Bill Getz, the third is Charles McGee who flew 136 missions in P-39's, P-47's and P-51's with the 302nd F.S./332nd F.G. in Italy. The final photo is Bob "Punchy" Powell who was a "Bluenoser" with the 328th F.S./352nd F.G. flying out of England. He had six aerial victories and flew 87 missions.

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

BobPowell-1.jpg

P.S.-----Check out the polish on the aluminum of the Mustang in the first photo. There were a bunch of the P-51's at the event that had fantastic paint and polish jobs!!

Ted

TankBuster

Hey Ted,
I also got that Email. I will definitley be picking one up. I also think it would be interesting for the people who weren't able to make it. I'm sure they did a good job with the DVD. Now I just have to wait for June to pick one up.