• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gasoline Alloys in Munich

blackrat2

Stumbled on this shop whilst in Munich for Oktoberfest
Sadly it was shut but it was full of flying jackets and other top brands
They have a Web site under construction but well worth a visit if your in the area
Anyone been there before?

blackrat2

Thanks Ken
Yep gutted it was shut, probably a good thing given how much I spent at the a Oktoberfest

Cocker

Gasoline Alley and T-Bird in Paris are on my to-do list. Now, to find an excuse to go to Munich... :)

blackrat2

It looked the Mutts
Your excuse...go to Oktoberfest...truly amazing
Was chatting to some Americans based out there, were telling me there barracks still display Swastika and Iron crosses etc
I have to say I found my two trips to Germany totally amazing, friendly and polite and the girls at Oktoberfest....stunning

Thomas Koehle

been there before - its roughly a 2 hours ride from my home ...
lots of really cool stuff and yep - the homepage is under construction since decades ...
so far the interested customers find the shop anyway

It looked the Mutts
Your excuse...go to Oktoberfest...truly amazing
Was chatting to some Americans based out there, were telling me there barracks still display Swastika and Iron crosses etc
I have to say I found my two trips to Germany totally amazing, friendly and polite and the girls at Oktoberfest....stunning

Hmm I have to say something here. I was stationed in Germany at 2 different bases (Kaserns) from 1968 to 1971 and although the German Eagle was on the corner of some buildings the Swastikas and Iron Crosses were removed after the war ended. I believe the Swastika is illegal but not positive.

Last edited:

blackrat2

Hog, that is what I thought and was told, maybe I was meant to be impressed but I was told any of that stuff was consigned to history
Exactly B-Man2

Thomas Koehle

display and even wearing swastika is forbidden in Germany also like SS-runes and similar Nazi symbols - I never ever seen anything similar on a official building like barracks or government buildings - I think that`s hoax

if you have been to the Oktoberfest in Munich you might also get to "Wasen" in Stuttgart which is the 2nd largest festival in Germany - similar like the "oktober" but not as crowded and not as much drunk people ...