• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 7823 E from year 73 and up ?????

dr.zak

have a good day every one ..
any one owns any G-1 7823 E from year 73 to 79 ,preferably from these brands Star ,Brill ,martin lane ,ralph edwards .(white labels)
who can advice in details about the quality of these jackets concerning the leather ,the fake mouton ,the zipper ,the knits.
and specifically the leather the quality and the thickness of the goat skin used . yet it was goat and not cow right ?
what about the knits were they 100% wool or cotton ?
an over all review about that contract in general and the main differences concerning quality between this contract and the 7823 C contract ..

*some pictures will be very generous .

best regards to any one who reads and any one who reads and advice .

A

Anonymous

Hi Doc Zak, I have a Star 7823E, The leather is a little dark but in holding up great. The fake mouton was replaced with russet real mouton,also wool knits and a new zipper since the old ones were trashed. From what I understand, the leather itself is the importand thing and the E model has great leather IMHO. The liner was in perfect shape on mine too. Hope that helps. W.N.