• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Further delays at Eastman

John Lever

Rob Brace has just told me that the last batch of RW skins has been rejected by Gary because they were too marked. A new order should arrive next week.
I think if the rejected skins could be oversprayed with seal acrylic they would make a great B-3
as the RW wool is such a nice colour.
There could be some interesting bargains in the Re-issue department...

Silver Surfer

looks like making these things is not so easy. lots of variables that are simply out of the makers control. john has butted up against supplier fubar, as has gary. so, ya wait for months for your hide shipment, and it arrives. you open the box-boxes, and.......wrong, all wrong. now what?????

ausreenactor

Silver Surfer said:
looks like making these things is not so easy. lots of variables that are simply out of the makers control. john has butted up against supplier fubar, as has gary. so, ya wait for months for your hide shipment, and it arrives. you open the box-boxes, and.......wrong, all wrong. now what?????

Get into BR Nylon and Cloth repros....NEVER any issues..

Couchy

Roughwear

I agree with you about the US shearling jackets. They can't be worn on a daily basis and repros are the way to go unless you want an original B-3 etc.. for display.

John Lever

Latest from Gary -
We've had very short supply of material this winter season, and only now has the RW sheepskin started to be made - it may be another 4-6 weeks before we get it. We're sorry for any delays.

Not sure whether I quite understand the exact situation, but as the weather is warming up now a few weeks makes no difference really.