• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FORUM MEMBERS

A

Anonymous

The membership as of writing this today stands at 801 is this the highest its ever been ?.

All the best jeff

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
DUBOWA2 said:
The membership as of writing this today stands at 801 is this the highest its ever been ?.

No, the last version was over 1000 ... we're slowly getting back up there.

TankBuster

If I remember correctly it was up to roughly 1,100. I think it was
the one before the last though. I think this is the 4th or 5th version
I've been a part of. So far, so good!

bfrench

Administrator
John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Only about 10 people post though.

:lol:

Actually 399 members have posted at least once ... that's not so bad.
True, but it's a small group of us that post regularly and frequently, you being one of them.

Hi, Guys,

I think a lot of members come here looking for information on the flight jackets, get it and then move on to purchase their one or maybe two jackets.

For them, it isn't the search for the Holy Grail of jackets but something that is far superior to an entry level mall jacket and closely meets the details of an original.

Bill French

A

Anonymous

John Lever said:
Hey Bill,
Good point, I wasn't trying slag the Forum, it's just a shame we don't get more input.

Hi John you are right on target ,I could not agree more .

All the best Jeff

bfrench

Administrator
John Lever said:
Hey Bill,
Good point, I wasn't trying slag the Forum, it's just a shame we don't get more input.

Hi, John,

I didn't mean to imply you were slagging the forum - it's just that most members don't seem to grasp the family atmosphere that exists between so many of the members.

But then again how many of us are truly versed in the intricacies of the jacket history and detailed patterns - we'd be nowhere without the few core posters.

Bill French

John Lever

I think it's difficult to strike a balance between a simple database, and a social group where members with like interests interact.
We have probably just got it right.
Regarding the total number of members, a great many may not have English as their first language.

bfrench

Administrator
John Lever said:
I think it's difficult to strike a balance between a simple database, and a social group where members with like interests interact.
We have probably just got it right.
Regarding the total number of members, a great many may not have English as their first language.

But the really neat thing that comes to mind is a person like Marcel.

Didn't know diddly about jackets, forums or computers when he joined and now is one of our most prolific posters. So the opportunity is there for anyone to jump in and put forward their views about jackets and the way they were used by the military and or motor cycle drivers.