• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum and Ebay ettiquette.

ausreenactor

unclegrumpy said:
dadgad said:
Things have really crossed any limit, going into personal clashes for an innocent hobby with all the troubles anyone has to fight any given day is silly.

Keep pinning the blame on me if you like until exhaustion but please stop fighting each other.

Couchy was clearly upset, maybe more so than need be, but then again maybe not. Maybe other things are going on in his life that made him less easy going than he normally is.

I have to confess there were compounding issues. Defence had just paid me $1233 in incidental allowances for a tax payer funded trip to Papua New Guinea. I instantly had enough free funds to duke this one out to 80% of retail, as was the plan. Instantly delved into some retail therapy and bought a Buzz Rickson A-2 in a 44 instead; however I did know the history of the Werber. Having the direct effect of four dubious eBayers I was just after a concensus from the members here. That was all. Opinion is divided and I am absolutely fine with that. Unfortunately, I have to go and watch Bathurst and the Rugby World Cup by the pool.

Rutger

Re: Off topic question : regarding fit of BR A2 44

ausreenactor said:
and bought a Buzz Rickson A-2 in a 44 instead;

Assuming you have already received the jacket (which may not be the case yet) would you be able to provide measurements of that jacket?
How does the fit compare with the size 40 nylon jackets of BR?

thanks,
Rutger

asiamiles

Couchy, just be thankful that you're not buying from Yahoo Japan auctions, or should I say that you have someone to do it for you. Last night I won a jacket for something like $70, but because the seller obviously didn't want to sell for what he perceived was such a low price he simply cancelled all the bids. And this is not an isolated incident, believe me.

ausreenactor

Miles, l spend the other half of my internet time on Yahoo Japan. That is where I picked up the BR A-2 44 and an an N-1 in a 42. I am forever seeing them pulled for slow or low bidding efforts. But that is a whole other story. Next parcel should be there when I get back.

asiamiles

ausreenactor said:
Miles, l spend the other half of my internet time on Yahoo Japan. That is where I picked up the BR A-2 44 and an an N-1 in a 42. I am forever seeing them pulled for slow or low bidding efforts. But that is a whole other story. Next parcel should be there when I get back.
Why can't people just start auctions at the minimum price they are prepared to sell them for?!

RCSignals

asiamiles said:
Couchy, just be thankful that you're not buying from Yahoo Japan auctions, or should I say that you have someone to do it for you. Last night I won a jacket for something like $70, but because the seller obviously didn't want to sell for what he perceived was such a low price he simply cancelled all the bids. And this is not an isolated incident, believe me.

I haven't bought on yahoo auctions in years. Didn't know a seller could cancel bids after the auction ended. That is a reason to stay away.