• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flight boots USN - M380B

dmar836

Very nice. Are you collecting USN as well? I've found I had to focus. Sure you are able to find more items but it is harder to amass representative uniforms.
Great fun, really.
How are the war rooms looking?
Dave

oose

Hi Marcel,
Great boots, LT CMDR Elder has a pair the same as yours in 1948 when he was flying with FJ-1 Furies for VF-5A.

All the best
Stu

dujardin

Phantomfixer said:
Those are nice!!! someone please educate me...why the double zips on the front?

good question

i think it's to have a wide (ample) opening, it's easier to enter your foot in the shoes

my 2 cents ;)

dujardin

and also, you have less tension on 2 zipper than on only one (less problem with tear in the leather)

and also, i think the shoes is more comfortable

dujardin

dmar836 said:
Very nice. Are you collecting USN as well? I've found I had to focus. Sure you are able to find more items but it is harder to amass representative uniforms.
Great fun, really.
How are the war rooms looking?
Dave

USN, just a little bit; there were not much USN unit in ETO
i wish to make a manniquin to reflect the antisub (and/or 5th ERS) unit based in England

my war room receive no significant change since i made the last works

thanksssssssssss

Phantomfixer

I know were a set of the USN shearling mittens are hiding...If you needed/wanted a pair...these look like the USAAF (A-9???) mittens but are seal goatskin with a nice shearling lining.. the store had two sets. I bought one and they are warmmmmmm and being goat they are super tough
happy hunting