• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flaky B3 rep...

mat777

Hi chaps,

the back and shoulders of my b3 replica are starting to flake (I think) - basically, lots of little furry tufts are appearing from tiny cracks in the skin. This is no doubt due to me wearing it whilst carrying a rucksack in the winter, but how am I best to fix it? Picture shows what I am getting at:

null_zps961d84b7.jpg

I've got some Pecards on the way for my A2, would that work? the leather is so incredibly soft and supple that I doubt I'd be able to work it in properly.

Thanks,

Matt

Falcon_52

Matt -

To me it looks like the top coat on the leather is breaking down and the leather is just chafing a bit. A light coating of Pecard or similar type of leather product should help protect the leather.

Noel

regius

Original Roughwear B3 in incredible condition

surface cracking, finish peeling is normal, but the underneath suede is intact, hairs are rich and thick, one additional inside pocket with horsehide, back area still complete with full finish with deep grains.
Applied Leatherique Rejuvenator followed by Obenauf.