• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fit question

A

Anonymous

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

What do you guys think about the fit of this jacket?

Please try to answer the following:

Is the jacket small/big?
Is the jacket short/long?
Are the sleeves short/long?
Is this the way an A-2 jacket should fit? Yes/No?
Your comments?

I will appreciate your expert opinions please.

Also, can anyone identify the contract?

Thanks!

Vcruiser

Is this another trick question involving disparaging a competing company...or just fishing for opinions in order to belittle anyone who posts their answers?

Robman

Looks good to me. I think the more comfortable looking drape looks more accurate than the skin tight look judging by period photos but to each his own.

foster

It looks like a WWII issued fit. Sleeves look long, but they are likely to crease with use and shorten.
By modern perspectives of fit, I would think it is a little large. But it is also new, so no shaping has taken place.

Much of it looks to me as if the pattern is a Dubow, but this is a guess.

Otter

Agreed, WWII as issued fit. About right if you need to move as round in a cockpit.

ButteMT61

Vcruiser said:
Is this another trick question involving disparaging a competing company...or just fishing for opinions in order to belittle anyone who posts their answers?

I was guessing #3.
Pissed off customer and they don't like the fit. BK wants to tell them "it's fine".

But, my opinion on the jacket is it looks a little baggy. The sleeves look too baggy as well, and stand out more for me. Not trim, but if you're a fan of that - I used to be - it's fine.
G&B makes their jackets like that. But seeing the likes of GW and others here, I'd say it's not what I would want in my jacket. 2¢

A

Anonymous

Pissed off customer and they don't like the fit. BK wants to tell them "it's fine".

You are close. Customer thinks the jacket is small/short, because he is used to his previous jacket which is even larger.
He also thinks the sleeves are short.
We tried to make a jacket smaller than his previous but still comfortable. I think we succeed.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to answer.

Foster you are right. It is a Dubow 1755.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:

You are close. Customer thinks the jacket is small/short, because he is used to his previous jacket which is even larger.
We tried to make a jacket smaller than his previous but still comfortable. I think we succeed.

I think the short aspect make it look good, but the whole thing doesn't look "trim" so that's what I noticed. A long A-2 would seem dopey to me, but I'm a nOOb with my A-2 knowledge.
If the customer doesn't like it, I don't know - it's tough unless numbers were agreed upon.
Did he say I want it 23" long? Was that sort of detail worked out beforehand?
Looks like he's in Europe - UK?

foster

Out of curiosity, what marked size is the jacket?

And did I guess correctly it is a Dubow?

Silver Surfer

hahaha, the customer has gotta stop smoking that wacky weed. that, or go to the mall for a "real nice", side pocketed, seamed back, sorta a-2. made of lamb skin, of course.

ButteMT61

Silver Surfer said:
hahaha, the customer has gotta stop smoking that wacky weed. that, or go to the mall for a "real nice", side pocketed, seamed back, sorta a-2. made of lamb skin, of course.

I hope he also got the inside breast pockets and correct YKK zip.

Marv

The length looks ok but the sleeves are too long and overall, the jacket looks about one size to large for the person.