• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First pinup girl on leather...

ties70

Guys,

finished this last night.

It is a trial run for my first attempt to paint a leather jacket.
Definitely learned a lot, and lots of room for improvement...(seems as if I did a better boob job than I can paint faces...).

Princess_zpszjcbzlre.jpg

The complete design will look like this:
princess_complete_zps1ybtsqiv.jpg

The girl has been "stolen" from Romain Hugault. It is slightly modified. I'll contact him to get his permission before I paint it on my jacket.

Ties

ties70

a2jacketpatches said:
Looks great Ties, is it on a jacket or practice leather?

It is a practice leather.

The final design will go on a cheap Avirex goat A-2 I got off Ebay for 56 USD.
It should look like this (sorry, John!):

princess_on_GW_zpsr1iuiipe.jpg

Ties

jack31916

Hi Ties,

Cool design / layout for a jacket but the girl drawn by Romain looks like a former Eastblock wrestler (too muscular and a grim look on her face).

Why not replace her with a more sophisticated Alberto Vargas type girl? With your skills you'll manage that !

No offence, just an opinion and all the best

dujardin

really good start

go aheadddddddddddddd

you will be a great artist painting nice back of flight jacket

ties70

jack31916 said:
Hi Ties,

Cool design / layout for a jacket but the girl drawn by Romain looks like a former Eastblock wrestler (too muscular and a grim look on her face).

Why not replace her with a more sophisticated Alberto Vargas type girl? With your skills you'll manage that !

Though I kinda like her, I hear what you are saying!

So I decided to give it a more authentic approach and took a Baron von Lind girl as my "Pawhuska Princess".
The cheap Avirex arrived last week (I must admit that it is not a bad jacket! I expected much worse!), and work started right away.

First two pictures:

Pawhuska_base_coat_zps30d0gsxy.jpg

pawhuska_first_coat_yellow_zps6wgkszhn.jpg

So far I have added a red outline to the yellow name and completed the girl.....I'll add some pictures later.

Best regards

Silver Surfer

not too shabby, my man. you have already made the girl less harsh looking, which is the way to go. however, i agree about the vargas girls, as they are the quintessential look for a-2s. and, there are so many to chose from. keep up the good work.

ties70

ties70 said:
jack31916 said:
Hi Ties,

Though I kinda like her, I hear what you are saying!

So I decided to give it a more authentic approach and took a Baron von Lind girl as my "Pawhuska Princess".
The cheap Avirex arrived last week (I must admit that it is not a bad jacket! I expected much worse!), and work started right away.

First two pictures:

Pawhuska_base_coat_zps30d0gsxy.jpg

pawhuska_first_coat_yellow_zps6wgkszhn.jpg

So far I have added a red outline to the yellow name and completed the girl.....I'll add some pictures later.

Best regards

So, here is the name complete with red outline:

pawhuska_first_coat_yellow_redline_zpsx63e14j4.jpg

pawhuska_first_coat_yellow_redline_full_zpsgxbceup5.jpg

..and the girl. Is she good enough for Vargas, Elvgren, von Lind or Urbaniak? Naah, but I guess she would have been good enough for some flyboy back in ´44:

pawhuska_babe_full_zpsvfsn3yam.jpg

ties70

ties70 said:
Lots of panels and lines to reproduce:

pawhuska_plane_full_zps2e5ono63.jpg

Gentlemen,

almost there:

Princess_plane_zpsqnvlek3e.jpg

I have decided to change the hair color and personally think that improved the overall impression a lot:

princess_plane_hair_zpsfvaznfna.jpg

...and a detail shot of the plane:

princess_plane_3_zpshlakrnvw.jpg

Just a little sanding paper and Tandy and it´s good to go.

Ties