• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First New FJ in Years

Smithy

No idea mate and look I could be wrong, it might be his sister for all I know ;)

I'm with you there on the jacket, I'm getting one as soon as they go live.

Bombing IP

Any idea why they call it a Channel jacket . Surely its not because of the English Channel they fly over .

BIP

Smithy

Any idea why they call it a Channel jacket . Surely its not because of the English Channel they fly over .

BIP

Actually I think it is. LW stuff isn't my thing so I'm sure somebody might correct me but the jacket is part of a suit, which is of a medium weight (in USAAF nomenclature "intermediate") and was usually used by bomber crews and I think it either came into service or became popular prior to or around the Battle of Britain. It's nickname became "Kanaljacke" presumably because it was used so much by crews flying over the Channel operationally?

CBI

yep - great tanker!!!!!!!! LOVE these jackets. I am assuming I will buy a Channel jacket when they are made.

falcon_ib

The B-10 looks great on you Atticus! They appear to still be on the ATF site for $190 -- https://www.atthefrontshop.com/product_p/usujb10.htm
Still kicking myself for missing that deal of the day!

For those of you in milder climates, and especially since spring/summer are upon us, I own an ATF Summer M41 and it's a fantastic jacket. No itchy lining to worry about and looks great for a casual day out, especially when layered with flannel. I've heard great things about all of their other products as well.

Evan