• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First glimpse- Goodwear Dubow 27798

Steve H

Well, its on its way… after a few surprisingly calm and patient months waiting for the build, Vickie yesterday sent me the following pics of my "dark side" (seal rather than russet) Dubow 27798 contract.

Seal brown horse LHJ103
OD thread
NOS M42 Talonzip
Dull purple knits

I'll post more when it arrives but here is a sneak preview…

blackrat2

Looks nice...hope the fit etc works out well,guess I will say it first,let's see some pics of it being worn

Silver Surfer

i have seen originals in seal and dark russet. these were not redye jobs, so having one made in seal hh is totally in keeping with original issued dubow 27798 a-2s. btw: congrats on landing a kickass jac.

Cobblers161

Bloody lovely!

Such a great contract, comfortable and sharp. I have the same in ultra-goat and am due one more A-2 then thats my lot and I am sorely tempted to get the same again in hh seal.

Dr H

I like that contract the more that I see it.
Good score Steve, I'm coming around increasingly to darker hides.
Steve (Cobblers161), I'd like to see that ultra goat Dubow in person and compare notes with the Doniger sometime?
Cheers
Ian

Cobblers161

Ian, yeh let me know when you are around over xmas/new year. I'm working so could easily nip over your way.

Andrew

Nice one Steve, I'll be getting mine in a couple of months as well (been in wood smoked oak cask ageing for the last two years).

I do have to finalize the leather selection so I'll be interested to see some more shots when you get it.