• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fighter Weapons School and FA-18 Hornet

shedonwanna

FlyingYankee said:
Great job.It's good to see pilots spending money on quality products.

These guys like their jackets and want patches that tell about their career. I need a spreadsheet for the large orders to manage the variations. The goal is to give something made well which they will enjoy and pass on to their children. And yes "quality" - thanks.

ausreenactor

Very impressive. To see a 2000 hour patch is remarkable on its own. It is rare to get a pilot here with 1000 hours on 'type' so they say. They have moved and swapped between platforms and roles. Pass on a well done to the three pilots clocking up the milestone. We trapped CAPT Weatherstone in a big way in Kandahar. We did a mock flag lowering just for him and as the 'dicker' blew the whistle everyone stood up and then crash tackled him. Then the putrid mix was applied and he was floured. And savagely beaten for not putting up enough resistance. Good times...

GREAT patches...

a2jacketpatches

Great job as usual, I may be sending the requests for multiples your way if you'll have them. I find myself hand tooling til my fingers are ready to fall off lately and the process is so tedious that I tend to screw up and have to start over from the beginning. There's no fixing a stamped mistake. You've got the methods and resources down for sure.

unclegrumpy

I agree, outstanding work!

It would be neat to see these patches being worn.....I bet those guys look really sharp.

ausreenactor

unclegrumpy said:
I agree, outstanding work!

It would be neat to see these patches being worn.....I bet those guys look really sharp.

Hell yes!

Q: How do you know there is a pilot in the room?

CBI

These looks great and congrats for getting to do these.

This is a story for another day but a little over 30 years ago, I was made an honorary member and Top Gun "Bro" of the Navy Fighter Weapons School.

I was even given my own "roast" party. Pretty cool when I look back on it!

I've got an award plaque in storage somewhere.

shedonwanna

a2jacketpatches said:
Great job as usual, I may be sending the requests for multiples your way if you'll have them. I find myself hand tooling til my fingers are ready to fall off lately and the process is so tedious that I tend to screw up and have to start over from the beginning. There's no fixing a stamped mistake. You've got the methods and resources down for sure.

Sometimes I wonder why I take on the multiple orders and then a nice paycheck comes. These are going with me to the 388th BG reunion. Most of the originals were not tooled but I have seen several that were. There is a nice tooled one at the 8th AF Museum in Savannah(Pooler).