• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few B-10

I visited RMNZ in Christchurch NZ last week.
I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this jacket, which had been returned with the other B-10's and the Tanker jackets from the set of the "Red Tails" movie. The remaining jackets are earmarked for Japanese buyers.
They are all made in Japan close to the city of Gifu, as will be the B-15B and L-2B jackets for the 2009/2010 range.
The outer shell is a nice weight twill, similar to a couple of originals I've handled, the Alpaca lining does not itch, and the zip is a nice deadstock brass Talon.
The slight pink tinge to the outer shell in the first 2 photo's is from the the sunset this evening
This is a production standard jacket, not a cheapy made just for the film.
IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

BEVAN

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Holy crap !!

You can't let him out of your sight for five minutes ..... :lol:

MikeyB-17

Corr, looks tasty. I know ELC's B-10 is generally regarded as the pick of the B-10 bunch at the mo, but I'm not keen on ELC's collar. That, on the other hand....

Falcon_52

Wow! The outer shell looks really beefy yet supple. It looks very comfortable, indeed. I notice that it looks like there is no "Army Air Forces" decal on the shoulder; is that by design? I mean, did some originals not have that marking? I apologize for the stupid question but I don't know much about B-10s.

Anyway, it looks like a fantastic jacket all-around! Thanks for posting. :)

Noel

Grant

The old Real McCoy's Japan Stagg B-10 is still my favorite repro B-10. I've even gotten used to the over-sized pockets!

Peter Graham

Falcon_52 said:
I notice that it looks like there is no "Army Air Forces" decal on the shoulder; is that by design? I mean, did some originals not have that marking? I apologize for the stupid question but I don't know much about B-10s.
B-10's were as common without the decal as with, same with B-9's and 11's but I've never seen a B-15 without the decal. That's the nicest B-10 repro I've seen. It's definately a Stagg pattern. I'm not sure that Paul Reed ever made B-10's but it's very possible.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
I'm not sure that Paul Reed ever made B-10's but it's very possible.

Yes, Paul Reed made them ... I counted up 15 different B-10 makers, including Goodwear Leather Coat.

Falcon_52 said:
Wow! The outer shell looks really beefy yet supple. It looks very comfortable, indeed. I notice that it looks like there is no "Army Air Forces" decal on the shoulder; is that by design?

Noel

Thanks for the kind words. I wouldn't have bought it if it had the shoulder decal. I can't stand them.

BEVAN

ties70

Gents,

I received my own RMNZ / The Few B-10 just yesterday.

After Bevan posted some pictures of his jacket, I had contacted Paddy about a B-10 in my size....without expecting too much, as I need a 50" for AERO's B-10 and a 48" for ELC, both being on the short side.

Surprisingly Paddy had one 46" left, with measurements that were kind of big for the size. In fact they were more like a RMNZ 50". Paddy has told me that the B-10 jackets were made in Japan, where they normally have patterns up to 44"....my jacket was made for the "Red Tails" cast, so maybe the tailors in Japan got lost in the unusual large sizing...?

Well, the jacket is a perfect fit for me, with enough body length to keep my back warm. The sleeves are long, but not much...maybe even perfect for the bike or the Vespa.
The jacket features the Paul Reed label, but I am not sure about the pattern: Bevan has told me that the Reed jackets were rejected by "Red Tails" because of their too short torso, which is definitely not the case with my jacket. So maybe it is a "Stagg in disguise"?

The color is the darker green. My Maguire book shows jackets in this darker shade, so I would consider this to be authentic, at least for B-10s in general, not sure about Reed or Stagg.
The shell is slightly shiny, unlike my previous B-10s from Aero or ELC.
The zipper is a brass Talon.

A word about the thickness: This baby is warm!! It feels much thicker than the AERO and ELC versions, and almost as warm as my B-3!

Here are two quick pictures, sorry for the poor quality...
Few_B-10.jpg

Few_B-10_2.jpg

Ties

ties70

deeb7 said:
Ha! good score ... they were all too big for me.

Don't forget the wearing pictures. ;)

David, here we go:

few_1.jpg

few_2.jpg

few_4.jpg

few_3.jpg

As I have already mentioned: This jacket is warm and thick. To give you an impression of how this B-10's "bulkiness" compares to regular A-2 jackets, check the pictures over in the repro section...I have posted some updates of some GW A-2 jackets.

Ties

ties70

better duck said:
Nice one Ties, looks good on your - eh - sturdy - frame! :cool: ;)

"Fat ass" is the expression you were looking for :D

In fact, this time it is the size and the thickness of the jacket that makes me look (more) "massive"....with my Aero and ELC B-10s it was their trim cut...I prefer the pattern of the FEW B-10, anytime...

Ties