• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEI HU / A new twist to my most popular design

a2jacketpatches

FEI HU, not sure of the exact translation, but the Chinese called AVG members this due to the sharks teeth on their aircraft. The large designs are more of a novelty type patch and a lot of guys frame them for the office, the smaller patches are for the chest. As always, they are displayed on my grid of one inch squares to determine size. My good friend Bob requested such a patch, he's the lawyer that achieved veteran status for the AVG back in the 1980's and I just had to go a little nuts with the idea making a few variations.
feihu001.jpg

feihu004.jpg

feihu005.jpg

feihu006.jpg

feihu007.jpg

feihu008.jpg

feihu009.jpg

etphonehome

Hi,

I hope u don't mind my comment.

"Fei" in Chinese means fly
"Hu" means tiger

So, the order of these two words should be interchanged for the patches in your second and last photos.

Besides, your patches are excellent!

DT

a2jacketpatches

No mind at all, I got the characters from here and used this arrangement on a few of my patches. The vertical arrangement is top to bottom because a blood chit is read top to bottom right to left. I'm just guessing that in this photo, FEI and HU are above the appropriate characters, if not, someone out there is screwing with my head. And top to bottom is the appropriate way to read Chinese as far as I have ever known, correct?
_Fei-Hu_Logo.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Thanks John, unfortunately, etphonehome is right, and my wife agrees the vertical Chinese characters are opposite reading HU FEI ( Tigers Flying ) Just glad I did the others horizontal. Easy enough to recycle the applied tigers, but I may put one on my wall of shame as a reminder. I could kick my wife in the butt though, she stitched them all up and says she thought I was being artistic by switching the characters. About a year ago I had her write these characters and she pointed out the mistake, so I'm sure she knows what she's looking at, but she didn't want to question it.