• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook

johnwayne

There are several 'leather jacket' groups on FB, specifically relating to say Type A-2's or shearling jackets but like Steve, I'm not a fan of FB even though I do go on it from time to time.

Roughwear

Quite so Wayne, there are several groups dealing with A-2s, B-3s and Irvins on FB. I have no issue with FB groups and they are often more lively and stimulating than VLJ.

Silver Surfer

ya put your foot in fb, then ya need the other to get the first one out, when that doesnt work, ya try a hand, then the other. before ya know it,, youre stuck in the goop. fb is a time eater for those that have too much of it [time, that is].

dmar836

Preach! I have an account. Tried to delete it and it wouldn't go away. Years later, still there. You can go inactive but you cannot remove your posts, info, or pictures. You can only add to the machine.
After recently trying to decide how much info to give a potential Craigslist buyer, we googled my cell # and found my address and name online. This info came from a private forum post made to some friends in 2008(forum run by a friend and is now closed). I was reminded that no matter how many "safety" promises are made, it can and will likely show up somewhere, someday. Cross link enough info and you can find lots. My neighbor recently hired a worker off Craigslist. Ended up being a "house repair" thief. He tracked him down though he had no active phone, no business address, and NO FB account and lives in a tent! Literally. Neighbor said he cross referenced people he found associated with him one lead at a time(using FB), soon found his face in someone else's pic, somehow located him, and showed up with a cop, at his tent! Said it took him about 25 min on his phone. Found he had a record for steeling, probation officer's name, daughter's name, etc. Think if it was the other way around.
Sure, jacket posting seems harmless but so did posting about saltwater fish tanks on a local private server with only 100 forum members. Now any "buyer/seller" who googles my sign on name or cell # can see my address and could show up unannounced. I just didn't think it was that simple to do and many CL people are crazy nowadays.
Just another rant, gratis!
Dave

Last edited: