• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F L site ?

T-Bolt

It would not work for me either yesterday afternoon or this morning. It must be a fairly big problem.

Ted

zoomer

Geez...hope they haven't been hacked maliciously. I know a few places on the toobz where they bitch about FL, but those are boards with a similar focus and some of the same members...nobody from inside the community would just trash it, I don't think.

Atticus

zoomer said:
Geez...hope they haven't been hacked maliciously. I know a few places on the toobz where they b*tch about FL, but those are boards with a similar focus and some of the same members...nobody from inside the community would just trash it, I don't think.

I donno, Zoomer. I think there's could be some pretty OTT folks on that board. I don't know if you followed the little joust I recently had with one of their members concerning jury nullification, but that guy left me with the impression that his home might be close to either Ruby Ridge or Waco.

Kinda soured me with the whole Hat Lounge, frankly.

AF

airfrogusmc

Atticus said:
zoomer said:
Geez...hope they haven't been hacked maliciously. I know a few places on the toobz where they b*tch about FL, but those are boards with a similar focus and some of the same members...nobody from inside the community would just trash it, I don't think.

I donno, Zoomer. I think there's could be some pretty OTT folks on that board. I don't know if you followed the little joust I recently had with one of their members concerning jury nullification, but that guy left me with the impression that his home might be close to either Ruby Ridge or Waco.

Kinda soured me with the whole Hat Lounge, frankly.

AF

Yep not a lotta free speech being aloud over there unless you're speak'n what they wanna hear. I got banned along with a few other from here. A couple guys that are mods over there were members here. Before I got banned almost half my posts were just deleted with no explantions of why. Tryed to PM mods and got no answers. I liked most of the folks over there. To bad though about the heavy handed moderating.

zoomer

Yeah...however, there's free speech and theret's the anything-goes free-wheeling speech frontier. In a decade-plus on the toobz I've seen 2 good discussion groups flame out into ruins - both times by someone with a commercial interest p!ssing on a competitor. But I never actually saw a group moderated to death.

Vcruiser

I contacted MK this morning. He stated that they are working to get the FL back up.
Looks like it is partially up now...should be soon.
Van

zoomer

Largely back online...MK (proprietor) had backups and most are installed...it's all about the backups.

I don't think any VLJ has had backups...or if one had, they never made it to an archive. Every time she goes down we have to start rolling the rock uphill again.

airfrogusmc

zoomer said:
Yeah...however, there's free speech and theret's the anything-goes free-wheeling speech frontier. In a decade-plus on the toobz I've seen 2 good discussion groups flame out into ruins - both times by someone with a commercial interest p!ssing on a competitor. But I never actually saw a group moderated to death.

Yeah but when you have a place that say come on in and talk about anything but when you read between the lines its really saying talk about what ever you want as long as we agree. I've also seen site that are over modreated crash and burn.

:D Things seem to work OK here. :D

bfrench

Administrator
zoomer said:
Largely back online...MK (proprietor) had backups and most are installed...it's all about the backups.

I don't think any VLJ has had backups...or if one had, they never made it to an archive. Every time she goes down we have to start rolling the rock uphill again.

Hi, Zoomer and anyone else interested,

VLJ has always had a backup system in place - in fact, backups were kept at three different computers.

Each and every time at the cornellsurgery.com site, the backups wouldn't run properly when installed which led us to believe that something was occurring at the server.

Each and every time - it was a server upgrade that brought us down and wound up with us having to start from scratch.

This new host server does a weekly automatic backup and as far as I know three of the mods are downloading them as before.

But all of the above doesn't mean it's going to work again if the host server does an upgrade than isn't backward compatible.

Newer and faster isn't always better.

And by the way, we're always receptive to better handling of the forum from interested members - we're just forum / database users not programmers - so any guidance will never go astray and be immensely appreciated.

Bill French