• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extensive modifications..

STEVE S.

just finished up some very extensive alterations to a "The Few" B-2 for a member here. He sent it to me & asked if I could do anything to remedy the extremely squared shoulders that looked like he was wearing shoulder pads. He also wanted a little taken out of the sleeves for a slimmer diameter. Ended up removing & disassembling the sleeves & tapering them from about 6" from the shoulder down to the cuff. Also ended up taking a little over 1/2" out of the collar to shoulder seam. With the sleeve off, it looked like there was just too much material on the back piece. Pictures with sleeves off show before shoulder seam work & after with the extra space removed. Note the liner also had to be separated at the sleeve/body seam. That was much easier than trying to take it loose at the cuff with the zip etc. After tapering the shoulder seam, about 1/2" was also radiused out of the top of the sleeve.

I had reservations about tearing into such an expensive jacket, but am pleased with the results.

before:

sleeve off:

shoulder tapered;

end result:

saucerfiend

Well, that is my B-2. The modifications look great from here. Can't wait to try it on. I'll post before and after pics with me wearing it when I receive it.

Brian