• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Werber contract sz 42

ausreenactor

This one looks darn good for the price...Might even have a crack myself!

Hookless zippers are da bomb!

Couchy

johnwayne

Tempted too if you could get it near starting price but his BIN price + postage (which I guess is what he's hoping for) is more than new from the Eastman crew direct! Get one direct from Gary at FL Duxford in July (only if you're in the UK I guess!) and he might even knock down the price by the postage cost!!!

Wayne

zoomer

Just remember the 1729 cut: extra trim thru the sleeves and holes.

The 42 would probably feel like a 40 in typical high-end repro sizing.

I've had to stretch the bejeepers out of my 44. Even then it's pretty crotchety with just a long sleeved workshirt under it.

If you ever see the pix from Arnold's Alaska flight in '34, they all had new A-2s, presumably 1729s. The jacket bodies are very loose on most of the guys, perhaps because of the bottleneck in the sleeves...

watchmanjimg

zoomer said:

I had my eye on this one, but such warnings about the trim fit have scared me off. Oh well, the BIN price is a bit steep anyway . . .

Roughwear

watchmanjimg said:
zoomer said:

I had my eye on this one, but such warnings about the trim fit have scared me off. Oh well, the BIN price is a bit steep anyway . . .

It's a great jacket, but those in the UK would do better buying a new one from ELC, which works out less than the BIN of this one plus postage.

ausreenactor

Andrew...

Were you the winner....edmund1987??

WerberPic.jpg

Couchy

Roughwear

ausreenactor said:
Andrew...

Were you the winner....edmund1987??

WerberPic.jpg

Couchy

Yes. I used to own a size 40 Werber, but sold it as it was a little small. As a 42 this one should be a better fit. Fingers crossed. :)

Roughwear

The jacket arrived. Its a great fit and I'm delighted with it. However it was poorly packaged, and the the guy charged 3 times the actual postage and flatly refused to refund the difference. I would not recommend doing buisness with him as he is not cooperative.