• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC tanker jacket question

Peter Graham

I’m half thinking of buying a second hand ELC tanker jacket. I think they stopped making them about 2000 and I don’t recall anyone postings pics or reviewing one on here. Does anyone have any experience of this jacket ? I’d like to know how they measure up against the offerings from BR etc. Thanks.

9thinfdiv

I'd pull the trigger on that jacket. I have two of the old Eastman tanker jackets and love them both. I have never handled a Buzz Rickson tanker, so I cant give you that comparison. The one I wear the most has a faded OD #3 look, making it more khaki. It's starting to fray at the points that you'd expect and even has one repair on the shoulder due to the seat belt rubbing on it. The label, which is tattered now, was an excellent repro of the original labels. It was marked Extra Large, not numerically. The blanket lining is a different color, more of a modern looking olive drab, but who cares when you are wearing it. If I get a chance, I'll take a few shots and try to post them for you.

MeachamLake

I tried on a Buzz Rickson one at the ELC shop in London earlier this week. Very nice jacket, but far too short for my 6"3 frame.